Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tivoli Theatre - is it open???

Options
  • 04-07-2014 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭

OK, so good looking show advertised in the Tivoli called Improv Asylum that I want to take the OH to for his birthday tomorrow evening. Have spent the past few days trying to book/get in contact with The Tivoli but can't get through at all by phone. Can't book on the website either. The very bare website says the box office is open during office house Monday to Friday so I decided to drive over at lunchtime and purchase the tickets that way, as a last resort. Lo and behold, the shutters were down and there are no signs of an open box office there. Waste of a journey and my lunchbreak

Anyone know if the place is still actually functioning? It's getting very late now for me to try find something else to book somewhere else but this show actually looks like it's good craic......that's if I can actually book and if it is actually still on :mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It usually is only open when there is a show running but according to the Improv Asylum website, their main show is on hiatus at the moment. There is an email address to contact here for more info, the website may not be up to date: http://improvasylum.ie/events/the-mainstage-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭highdef

Ah that would explain it! It would be in hiatus when I try to book it, of course! Have to say that there was very little effort to advertise the break that they are currently taking. The Tivoli website could at least have had some sort of message.

In the end, I just went out on the beer with a few friends so it wasn't the end of the world :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

ImprovAsylum no longer perform at the Tivoli, they were only there for a short time and I understand they won't be back there again

I believe the Tivoli does occasionally have other shows on but it's rare to hear about it.

Advertisement