Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent, relaxed musicians wanted in Dublin for hobby band - rock/grunge/metal

Options
  • 04-07-2014 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I am a guitar player in my mid twenties looking to start a good hobby band with whom I can write a few heavy metal tunes and get a few gigs. I used to teach guitar but have found that my motivation to play (and my indeed skill) is dropping at an alarming rate without people to play with. I think that a little band would give me a reason to practice as often as I used to and I am confident that I will improve quickly as my technique is passable.

I work full time and have neither the talent nor the aspiration to headline Glastonbury! i am looking for a few sound lads/ladies who can play and, are willing to put a bit of effort into writing songs - just as a hobby!

I listen to a wide range of music including rock, metal, jazz, electronic, house, classical, pop etc. but would rather play heavier music if possible. I have a 7 string Ibanez and a Fender Strat so can play a range of styles.

Please feel free to give me a shout/post if you are interested - provided you are a nice, decent person. We can worry about the musicianship later!!!!

Thanks,

Eoin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kev954

How's it going,

I was just about to start a very similar thread!

I'm a guitarist looking to just play as a hobby, done all the serious band stuff and just don't have the time or interest in doing much more than just playing for fun.

I'm quite competent and have a full pro rig, pm me if you want to know more, discuss further etc!

Kevin.
    Hello,

I am a guitar player in my mid twenties looking to start a good hobby band with whom I can write a few heavy metal tunes and get a few gigs. I used to teach guitar but have found that my motivation to play (and my indeed skill) is dropping at an alarming rate without people to play with. I think that a little band would give me a reason to practice as often as I used to and I am confident that I will improve quickly as my technique is passable.

I work full time and have neither the talent nor the aspiration to headline Glastonbury! i am looking for a few sound lads/ladies who can play and, are willing to put a bit of effort into writing songs - just as a hobby!

I listen to a wide range of music including rock, metal, jazz, electronic, house, classical, pop etc. but would rather play heavier music if possible. I have a 7 string Ibanez and a Fender Strat so can play a range of styles.

Please feel free to give me a shout/post if you are interested - provided you are a nice, decent person. We can worry about the musicianship later!!!!

Thanks,

Eoin.

Advertisement