Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1500-ish Gaming Build Advice

Options
  • 04-07-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? €1500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, assorted

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080, I'll probably get a nicer one once I recover from the initial outlay tho

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? All

7. Are you willing to try over clocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Laser

9. When are you purchasing? Soon enough, no hurry or specific date

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Wexford/Should be fine

Greetings, I've been skulking around here for a while but haven't seen a build that really matches what I'm looking for (probably because I have no idea what I'm doing). :P
    It's been mentioned a couple times that around my budget would theoretically max out 1080p with current hardware, so I'd be most grateful if anyone could suggest a decent build!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Sorry the basket to post scripts is not working for me at the mo. This will easily handle 1080p. If you need more power in the future you can easily just throw in another r9 290 as the mobo supports crossfire and the PSU will handle all fine. You can overclock the CPU to ~4.5ghz easily enough.

The case is simply a place holder, pick anything you like the look of. The 600T is about as expensive as you can get also, you'll easily get a nice case for €50 less.

Buy Windows cheap from reddit software swap. Or if that is no longer an option just install it an run it on trial version for 4 months and buy a key then.

Total incl delivery comes in around €1350 leaving you €150 to buy a nice keyboard and mouse from Amazon.co.uk. Don't get them from HWVD as it will be german layout.

I didn't include a DVD drive but if you need one add about €15 to the build.

Intel Core i5-4670K Box, LGA1150 €203,76

ASRock Z87 Extreme4, Sockel 1150, ATX €119,69

8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9 €163,14

Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, full €363,99

Samsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 250GB SATA 6Gb/s €114,99

WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's €49,81

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 850W €124,99

Corsair Hydro Series H100i €104,27

Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T, ATX, €152,56

~ €1350 incl delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pablo-jericho

Thats great man, thanks for the reply! I'll get on that, cheers for the German layout tipoff too, never would have thought of that.

Just a couple (stupid) questions I've run into while basketing these items. The RAM you listed €163 but its €64 on hwvd, assuming its just a slight mistake but I thought I'd ask to be safe? :S

Also that 290 is currently out of stock on hwvd, can you recommend whether to get an alternative such as vapor-x or another site that would be decent to get the original one off? Amazon.co.uk etc aren't very reasonable at all with that card atm! Thanks again for entertaining n00b-drenched comments..

Sorry man, yea the ram price was a typo, should be €64!

Get the Tri X 290 here.

Edit: also worth noting if you do go for a different case, just double check you can install to H100i cooler in it!

Ah right, cool. Was just checking since I was asking anyway, OCD etc.

Will do, I was thinking of just getting that case, it seems good and I just remembered I need a firewire port when looking at other ones. Is it actually good or overpriced on looks?

• Advertisement

Yea no doubt about it, it's a great case. Definitely on the expensive side but a very high quality case.

Sound man, cheers!

Advertisement