Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract bottling for microbrewery

Options
  • 04-07-2014 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all
    I hope someone can help me out here.
    Currently setting up a microbrewery in Louth, at the brewing license stage at the moment. I am looking for a contract bottler who will take our bulk ale, and complete the process so that our product can go straight to market.

Initially it will be 1000 litres per week but with the enquiries were getting will be ramping up that volume rapidly.

Hope someone will know of a contract bottlers out there willing to do business with us

Many thanks
    Metalwood.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Most Irish microbreweries tend to ship their beer to the UK for bottling. You might get more information over on www.beoir.org

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Talk to Armagh Cider. They do a fair bit of it.

And good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭metalwood

We already have a similar operation in the uk but was trying to avoid transport.
    What are the customs implications for sending to Armagh for bottling and then taking the packaged bottles back to our brewery?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

metalwood wrote: »
    What are the customs implications for sending to Armagh for bottling and then taking the packaged bottles back to our brewery?
    Armagh Cider will tell you. Alternatively, talk to Brú in Trim as they use them.

Basically, seek answers from industry professionals, not random punters on an Internet forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

For what seems like a significant factor in your business model, you don't seem to have planned very well. Planning, to me, seems key in any entrepreneurial venture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭metalwood

We have our own bottling plant in the uk!!! Was just looking at some options for bottling here. We have plenty of time left to sort out bottling as the revenue are not too fast over here compared to the uk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

We have our own bottling plant in the uk!!! Was just looking at some options for bottling here. We have plenty of time left to sort out bottling as the revenue are not too fast over here compared to the uk.

Out of Curiosity, what is the brewery in the UK? If you don't want to post it here for whatever reason feel free to pm me. Just genuinely interested.

And will the Irish brewery be an extension of that business or a separate enterprise?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I see.

I echo Seaneh's questions. Why set up in Louth as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Tough crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I'd echo what beer nut said, Bru use Armagh to Bottle and they've a quick enough turn around.
    From what i understand it has to be filtered, and then Armagh pasteurise in bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Metalwood Beer Ireland woukd also be worth contacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Commercial queries regarding sourcing suppliers are better suited to the Entreprenurial & Business Management forum. This forum is for the discussion of alcoholic beverages from a consumer POV.

@metalwood - If you wish to post in an official capacity for your business I suggest that you contact reps@boards.ie to obtain a verified rep account. Until you receive this, we ask that you do not post about your business again in this forum.

Thanks,

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement