Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy tab 3 8.0 battery issues.

Options
  • 04-07-2014 8:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if someone could give me advice please. I have an 8 inch tab 3 for around 3 weeks now and since early last week it's not charging properly.
    For example I could plug it in at night at 40% battery and the next morning it's only at 43%.
    Or I could turn off the tablet at 90% then turn it on two hours later and it's flashes low battery 3%, but I could still use it for another two hours and it won't die, so it's as if the system thinks the battery is low but the battery is actually full.

I've done a factory reset but to no avail. I've done the trick of holding the power button with the charger connected and then disconnecting it to reset the battery cycle and that fixes the problem for about a day but then it's back to square one.

I've read a few fixes where you take it apart and disconnect and reconnect the battery but I've tried to separate the body from the screen and I'm seriously ****ting myself that I'll chip the digitizer and void my warranty.

I would normally bring it back but I got it from Tesco direct through parcel motel and I already had to send back my original unit because the screen failed, and to say that process was a nightmare is an understatement.

I used to bring all my warranty devices to fonemenders but with them closed now I don't know where to go.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Return it is the only option you have really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I wouldn't go physically dismantling the unit until you have exhausted all opportunities.

Here's what I would do - switch on all power saving options, everything, and switch off all the power-hungry features such as auto-brightness, motion detection, all that stuff.

Put the phone into flight mode and charge it overnight.

Take it out of flight mode in the morning and see how you go.

Call Samsung directly on 0818 717100. Explain the problem and as long as you have a receipt they will organise a repair for. They are very helpful.
    Do not dismantle the unit or it may void the warranty. Do not bring it to an unauthorised repair shop while it is under warranty either.

Advertisement