Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for potential Venues.

Options
  • 04-07-2014 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Morning all,
    Seems the rain is back. :o(

I was just looking for some advise regarding venues. As we are just starting to look at potentials, :) I was wondering if anyone had any tips on questions to ask them.

Maybe something that you came across after you had booked or a hidden charge to look out for.

It would be great to get some real advise!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

I'm also in the same boat Seb. We are looking at our first few venues over the weekend.

A couple of the questions we had are;

Is the price per head the same for the kids even though they will not be drinking and eating off the children’s menu? Is there a babysitting service?

Do we have to fill a certain number of rooms in the venue for the night of the wedding? If so will these rooms be available at a discounted rate?

Do they allow you to use your own wine/champagne? If so what is the corkage per bottle?

How accommodating are they to the likes of Photo Booths/Sweet Carts/Other performers besides the band?

Will they have to remove some tables after the meal to create space for the dance floor when the band starts?

Does the venue have good relationships with the likes of photographers/videographers/florists/bands/djs?

Is there a minibus/taxi service in the area?

As I am also new to this I’m just wondering what peoples experiences have been when trying to negotiate on prices with venues.....Is there much point in haggling or is it a case of trying to get more extras at the set price?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

If you plan on having your ceremony in the venue, check to se if there is a charge for that.

If you go with a package deal. Check to make sure everything is included in the package you are quoted for. Some hotels charge extra for chair covers, canapes etc. If these are not included try to get them in.

Check what the room rate for your guests is.

Make sure and look at the bridal suite. We got a huge shock when we saw one bridal suite and it put us off the hotel altogether.

Advertisement