Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightroom Questions

Options
  • 04-07-2014 12:15am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

I've noticed an issue with LR5 recently.

On importing I send the pics from my CF card as DNG files to my main hard drive and send a copy (CR2) to an external drive as a backup. So in theory if I import say 100 photos, I should have 100 DNG files on one drive and 100 CR2 files on the other. However the backup CR2 files don't show in my catalogue - unless I process one of the DNG files and export it as a finished jpeg or whatever.
    Now if I go look (via My Computer) at the external hard drive, the CR2 files are all actually there - they just don't show up in the catalogue - unless they've been processed and the end up with a .XMP file beside them.

Any suggestions or has anyone else come across this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I am not sure if I can answer that, but I did find this - https://forums.adobe.com/message/4981561

I think, basically, the backup just puts a copy of the photo to the location you specify, but doesn't actually import that copy to your catalogue.

Advertisement