Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new smart phone

Options
  • 03-07-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys, i'm looking for a new android smart phone my budget is 125. Mainly looking for reliability with best possible performance and quality for money value.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,717 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

gary ryan wrote: »
    Hey guys, i'm looking for a new android smart phone my budget is 125. Mainly looking for reliability with best possible performance and quality for money value.

Moto G, end of story

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Il second the moto g, have it a week now. Got it to replace a nexus 4 and to tell the truth I hardly notice any difference in the performance. Great phone for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

If you can get the Moto G at that price then definitely do. Great phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Moto g or moto g +. Might cost you an extra €45 but there is nothing even near the spec or the quality for twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gary ryan

I got the moto g today, cheers for the help lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Moto g or moto g +. Might cost you an extra €45 but there is nothing even near the spec or the quality for twice the price.

You've seen phones from China then?

They come with expandable storage too :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

RossieMan wrote: »
    You've seen phones from China then?

They come with expandable storage too :eek:

Ya and they normally don't come with the play store so you have to go flashing custom ROMs and voiding your non existent warranty.
    False economy.

you obviously haven't looked at them lately.

Apart from paying for returns, its actually quite easy. Haven't seen too many problems.

Have seen plenty with the Moto G. While i agree its a great phone, there is far better available for the money if you don't care about brand named phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

For me it's not about brand name. Motorola were Google-owned when I bought mine and this was the best near-naked Android available. No bloatware, Android Kit kat pushed to it perfectly and no need to go messing about with flashing it either.

Lovely little phone but camera could be better.

Also the reason you read more about problems with the Moto g is because of sheer numbers sold in the West. If you took all Chandroid phones sold in the Wrst and put them together you would see as many problems. False equivalence comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Moto G for a surety.. best value for money around in that category.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Motorola%20G

• Advertisement

Most chinese phones(well the good brand ones) don't require flashing. However, most people who buy them like to flash new roms for a new experience.

Its actually quite a good way to learn the ins and outs of the phone.

The specs you get for the price are far better than anything currently on sale here, that cannot be argued.
    The Moto G is definitely the best phone available from a bricks and mortar shop, but there is better value out there if you're willing to look.

Advertisement