Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my vows blessed in Ireland

Options
  • 03-07-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We got married 3 years ago in England we moved to Ireland 1 year ago back to my husbands home town, now we are here we would love to get are vows blessed in this own parish because we want it to be in a Catholic Church because when we got married it was in Church of England is this possible and would you know how I would move forward with it thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

What you are talking about is having your marriage convalidated. The best way forward is for you and your husband to discuss it with the parish priest where you are living now. He should be able to guide you through the process
    Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rmurphy79

neemish wrote: »
    What you are talking about is having your marriage convalidated. The best way forward is for you and your husband to discuss it with the parish priest where you are living now. He should be able to guide you through the process
    Best of luck with it!
    W

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rmurphy79

Rmurphy79 wrote: »
    W
    Thankyou I will def make an appointment to speak to the priest.

Advertisement