Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online shop for beetles

Options
  • 03-07-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys, just looking fir some advice on where it's possible to purchase beetles online? Looking for dung beetles specifically for our farm.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't know if you can buy them but you should not release any beetle other than our native Geotrupes stercorosus as anything else would be illegal as an alien species. I would question the need to introduce them. If the farm could support them there is no reason to assume they are not there already. If they are not present you would need to ask yourself why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Weshtlad

I don't know if you can buy them but you should not release any beetle other than our native Geotrupes stercorosus as anything else would be illegal as an alien species. I would question the need to introduce them. If the farm could support them there is no reason to assume they are not there already. If they are not present you would need to ask yourself why not.

Are they the only native species?

Cheers

Advertisement