Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance transfer to north

Options
  • 03-07-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I'm moving up North and have sold my southern car. I forgot to take the insurance disc out or if I did I can't find it. I have now bought a car in the north and am trying to get the insurance sorted. I phoned about cancelling the policy in the south and was told I need to return the disc. What will happen if I can't find it? I will need a copy of my no claims status for the new insurer. Can I get this without cancelling the policy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

You can get a copy of your NCB to the end of the last full year (presumably at the point when you renewed this year); you might need to pay an admin fee but its doable. Best thing to do is to ring the insurer and explain the situation; tell them that you sold the car, wish to cancel the policy but forgot to take the disc out of the window. You wont be the first person to have done this so they will be able to sort it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

djimi wrote: »
    You can get a copy of your NCB to the end of the last full year (presumably at the point when you renewed this year); you might need to pay an admin fee but its doable. Best thing to do is to ring the insurer and explain the situation; tell them that you sold the car, wish to cancel the policy but forgot to take the disc out of the window. You wont be the first person to have done this so they will be able to sort it for you.

Thanks - yeah I guess I just wanted to be reassured that I wasn't the first to make this mistake! I'd like to avoid the admin fee though! Will just have to talk to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Standard practice is to sign a 'Lost Disc Form'. That should be enough for insurers

Advertisement