Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Calculating Odds from Technical Bets

Options
  • 03-07-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

This seems like a rare problem as I can't seem to find it anywhere online. I have a betting log on excel and the "Odds" column is only conducive to singles if you know what I mean. For example in one row I have say Man U to beat West Ham at home so the odds for the single is say 2/5 which works fine as my other columns show my stake of €20 and profit/loss of €8 if the bet wins and payout of €28.

But for rows where I have technical bets like say a Yankee for example how do I calculate the total odds for it so I can put that in the "Odds" column so it automatically calculates my return? I use betting calculators online to get my returns but they don't show the total odds and im not sure how to calculate the cumulative amount.

For example would there be an easy way of calculating the total odds for this Yankee in fractions? I'm just more used to fractions than decimals. Hopefully there is as I like using Trixie's, yankees and canadians sometimes as its just that bit safer than an ACCA lol

Man City to beat Arsenal @ 5/6
    Juventus to beat Sassulo @ 2/11
    Celtic to beat Hibernian @ 1/5
    Barcelona to beat Villeareal @ 3/10

Stake: €55 (€5)
    Total Return: €123.82
    Profit: €68.82

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Not as simple as that because it is 11 separate bets so there is no easy way of inputting figures for odds and stake and getting the computer to work out the returns.

2 options IMO

1. List all 11 bets separately
    2. Create a different spreadsheet for multiples only

I chose the 2nd option myself and eventually gave up backing multiples regularly due to the horror of the amount of money lost on them, even using just €5 or €10 stake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

^What he said

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Yeah thanks guys i'm going with the second option as that's the best way to do it. I'm soo happy I put Germany to win last night haha

Advertisement