Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri bag recommendations

Options
  • 03-07-2014 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hey folks,
    I'm looking for a bit of advice. Need a new bag that can be used for transition and also for work. Need something for swim/gym before work, but also able to fit laptop, lunch, etc for during the day. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

db76 wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    I'm looking for a bit of advice. Need a new bag that can be used for transition and also for work. Need something for swim/gym before work, but also able to fit laptop, lunch, etc for during the day. Any advice greatly appreciated.

no bags can be used in transition.

The Amphibia range of bags are decent though. I use mine for race, and travelling to work etc
    They are pricey and gimikey though. I only have one because it was part of our clubs membership pack. Not sure i would fork out for one at 70 quid a pop

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭db76

Thanks - didn't know that bags couldn't be used in transition. Do you know if any Amphibia bags would hold a laptop?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

db76 wrote: »
    Thanks - didn't know that bags couldn't be used in transition. Do you know if any Amphibia bags would hold a laptop?
    Does depend on the race, but they are prohibited in most races at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Most races won't let you have a bag in transition and insist on you using a bag drop location outside transition to keep the place clutter-free, so your bag is really only to get yourself to transition, decant your stuff, and withdraw.

The Amphibia bags are pretty handy, but not quite €70 handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭db76

Have seen the Amphibia Evo for €35 - not sure if this would be big enough for my needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭ray o

You can get alot of gear into the TYR Transition

http://base2race.ie/products/tyr-transition-bag

Advertisement