Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Ability

Options
  • 03-07-2014 4:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

https://trueability.com/
    TrueAbility™ was founded to give technical professionals a platform to prove their skills, and to make it easier for companies to find, assess, and hire technical talent. The founders collectively hired over 1100 system administrators, network administrators, developers, and other technical employees during their careers at a leading global technology company. Frustration with the technical recruiting process led to the creation of TrueAbility™.

Just came across this tonight, pretty interesting site and hoping to use it to improve on anything I can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

a bit 2013 ?
    Only showing a 1337 based username is pretty rad, but employers would love to know a bit more about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

gctest50 wrote: »
    a bit 2013 ?

Didn't even read that, I was more focused on the main purpose of the site which was to test one's *nix ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Didn't even read that, I was more focused on the main purpose of the site which was to test one's *nix ability.

I was more focused on the less than great idea it is to be handing out root shells - enough of that carry on without helping it like

the jihadists & other assorted loons will be having a party when they cop this one

Fo4b3WC.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Next comes the website where you can provide a trueability.com login and someone (or some script) will do all the tests ensuring you get a perfect score - or near perfect anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

gctest50 wrote: »
    I was more focused on the less than great idea it is to be handing out root shells - enough of that carry on without helping it like

the jihadists & other assorted loons will be having a party when they cop this one

You only get shell for about 25 minutes to complete the task. I've been using it for a while now and they throw up some good quizzes to keep you on your toes. It seems to be taking off in the US where you can create private tests to evaluate potential employees and watch the whole session back. Invaluable if you ask me for weeding out the exam dumpers from the decent staff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The idea of actually giving someone a System to determine if they are capable of doing the job outlined by a Company that is hiring seems like a brilliant idea. Gets rid of the bullshitters almost immediately, and gives people looking for a job an idea of what would be expected of them.

I wonder would they port to Windows also. I'd actually like to see sites programming offering programming challenges to Job seekers as a test of there abilities as well.

Advertisement