Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What craft beers should I try?

Options
  • 02-07-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'd like to drink some nice craft beers and develop a good palate for the different flavours.

What would you recommend considering I'm new to the craft beer world?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

In terms of Irish craft beers, I would highly recommend that you try some of O'Hara's beers particularly Leann Follain stout. A good starting place to sample various beers would be any of the Galway Bay Brewing pubs in Galway or Dublin as they usually have a good selection of beers on tap, on cask and bottled. Plus they will also let you sample any beer before buying. They're Full Sail IPA, Buired At Sea Porter and Stormy Port are fantastic. 8 Degrees Brewing also do some quality beers particularly Howling Gale Ale. You can buy any of the O'Hara's or 8 Degrees beers in O'Brien's or Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Every single one you can lay your hands on... some you'll like, some you won't. Don't take what others tell you as gospel, get out there and try them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

I'd like to drink some nice craft beers and develop a good palate for the different flavours.

What would you recommend considering I'm new to the craft beer world?

A few tasting pads could be a good start

• Site Banned Posts: 65 ✭✭Cerveja69

Try Sierra Nevada or Boston Lager. They're both lovely and fresh and crispy.
    Also try McGargles. It has caramel undertones and is very palatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Cerveja69 wrote: »
    Try Sierra Nevada or Boston Lager. They're both lovely and fresh and crispy.
    Also try McGargles. It has caramel undertones and is very palatable.

I'd drink me own piss sooner than I'd drink mcgargles. :p
    Op I'd think another persons advice and try them all. Personally I'd go towards porters and pale ales first.
    I wouldn't jump straight into the like of ipa, DIPA etc. I did that and was afraid to drink them again for a good 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,840 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Had 'Founders All day Pale ale' last night for the first time on draft.

Delicious! Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Full Sail IPA from GBB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Blue moon.. heavenly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Blue moon.. heavenly

:|

Advertisement