Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance

Options
  • 02-07-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any recommendations for good companies? Not sure ye can post here so if not please PM me instead.

My policy was 450 and renewal is 1300 which will not fly I've never paid that much

Insurance went up 200 when I switched to a wrx and they want 1300 euro for a 320 bmw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

There's no way to know until you call them yourself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring in person 4-5 brokers, then 3-4 companies.
    Insurance is based on individual circumstances.

First try Britton, 25plus, both are usually good. But keep ringing, it can save you hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Would it affect policy if husband was a mechanic?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Would it affect policy if husband was a mechanic?

Yes its quite possible that it would.

Has something else changed since your last renewal (a claim for example, or penalty points)? If not, then ring around as you will almost certainly find a better quote than that. Insurance has gone up across the board in the past year, but you might be talking about maybe €100 increase, not something of that level.

The only difference is he started as a mechanic so far no where has given me a quote as I don't meet the criteria.. Gonna ring a few today and see what I get

• Advertisement

What criteria are they saying you dont meet?

There not given me the criteria just a massage comes up saying sorry you didn't meet our criteria but this other crowd will quote you and all that blah blah... Never had this problem before.. Always had 2 litres was only 800 on a 2 litre celica when I was 20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

The only difference is he started as a mechanic so far no where has given me a quote as I don't meet the criteria.. Gonna ring a few today and see what I get
    Not sure what effect your partner's job would have on your insurance quotation.

There not given me the criteria just a massage comes up saying sorry you didn't meet our criteria but this other crowd will quote you and all that blah blah... Never had this problem before.. Always had 2 litres was only 800 on a 2 litre celica when I was 20

Forget online quotes; they are a complete waste of time. Pick up the phone and talk to insurers; its the only way to get a better price and if there are problems then at least you can get them explained to you.

Not sure what effect your partner's job would have on your insurance quotation.

One would assume that the husband is going to be on the policy? Otherwise it would have no bearing, and wouldnt even be asked by the insurer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement