Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing up spots "down there"...

Options
  • 02-07-2014 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Howdee all, a bit of an embarrassing or annoying one.

I have two spots that keep reappearing in the same place "down there".

They'll clear up, then will come back in the same place.

It's definitely not an STD! I haven't been with a lady in a long time.

To me, it just looks like, because there are so many hair follicles there, it's hard for them to clear up fully.

There is also a vein under the skin, so blood constantly flowing could keep these active under the skin?

I sometimes have to pop the hair follicle. It has the potential to look embarrassing the next time I am with a fair lady.

As I mentioned, it's in the exact same place, two spots that come and go, come and go.

Apart from sever elbow grease, is there anything over the counter or in a supermarket that would help to cleanse this area..... :(:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Sometimes STIs pop up years after exposure so maybe have it looked at.

I'm assuming it's on your pubic area close to your penis. It might be just ingrowing hairs or blocked follicles. Try a body scrub 2 -3 times a week and keep the area moisturised. You will get these cheaply enough in any supermarket/pharmacy. Maybe even try Savlon cream. Avoid tight clothing as the friction may aggravate it.

If they are more like boils you should see your GP as you might need a topical antibiotic. They commonly occur when you're run down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I would suggest a visit to a gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If they are not causing you any bother I would say ignore them.
    Otherwise see your GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

They just look worse than they are. They are starting to clear up again, but it's like I have to pop the gunk in the follicles. If they come back, it's time I went to the GP.

I actually went a good while ago, and the GP used the liquid nitrogen on them (is that it? to freeze them off!!). It worked, but they came back! :/

I think the vein underneath doesn't help!

I got some savalon..........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

seachto7 wrote: »
    They just look worse than they are. They are starting to clear up again, but it's like I have to pop the gunk in the follicles. If they come back, it's time I went to the GP.

I actually went a good while ago, and the GP used the liquid nitrogen on them (is that it? to freeze them off!!). It worked, but they came back! :/

I think the vein underneath doesn't help!

I got some savalon..........

Savlon is useless. Use a cream containing cortisone, no prescription required.
    Also when they reappear bathe with cotton wool and hot water to bring pus to a head. Then squeeze pus (not too hard. the hot water if applied will bring pus to head ) and apply cream.
    These are often caused by fabric friction and heat

• Advertisement

any good over the counter cortisone cream?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

just ask for hydrocortisone cream at chemist

Will do, I should try the hot water too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

seachto7 wrote: »
    Will do, I should try the hot water too!

Not too hot though!
    I have just cleared a nasty boil type spot using the method I gave above. I think it was the friction of material and hot weather made the skin react.
    After the spot is cleared of pus use the cortisone cream for a day or two.

That will be €65 please. My receptionist will give you a receipt. Good day

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Savlon is useless. Use a cream containing cortisone, no prescription required.
    Also when they reappear bathe with cotton wool and hot water to bring pus to a head. Then squeeze pus (not too hard. the hot water if applied will bring pus to head ) and apply cream.
    These are often caused by fabric friction and heat

Did this. They're still there. No spots. No pain, just a lump of hard skin now. :(:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement