Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Results - 4th July 2014

Options
  • 02-07-2014 3:43pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Credit: Michael Bluth

Dark Match:

Goldust and Stardust defeated NXT Tag-Team Champions The Ascension.

WWE SmackDown (Airing Friday):

The following are spoiler results for Friday’s episode of WWE SmackDown, taped Tuesday night from Newark, New Jersey:

- The show begins with Seth Rollins coming to the ring and cutting a promo. He’s interrupted by an attack from Dean Ambrose. Randy Orton runs down to make the save, until Roman Reigns comes to Ambrose’s side to even the odds.

- Big E defeated Cesaro by count out.

- US Champion Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio.

- Chris Jericho cut a promo taunting Bray Wyatt . The Miz interrupted him and got nailed with a Codebreaker. :D:D

- Divas Champion AJ Lee came out to a huge pop from her hometown New Jersey crowd. She was interrupted by Eva Marie, setting up a match between the two. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

- AJ Lee defeated Eva Marie by submission. Fans chanted “you can’t wrestle” at Eva. There were also CM Punk chants. Paige was on commentary and came into the ring to congratulate AJ before awkwardly leaving.

- Damien Sandow comes out dressed up like Bruce Springsteen and sang “Born In the USA.” Rusev and Lana interrupted him, cutting an anti-American 4th of July promo. Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter interrupted Lana and got a loud babyface reaction. Lots of loud “USA” and “We The People” chants.

- Dean Ambrose defeated Randy Orton by disqualification in the main event after Seth Rollins interfered and hit Ambrose with his briefcase. Orton and Rollins beat down Ambrose until Roman Reigns made the save. Reigns hits Orton with a Superman punch to end the show.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Huh, surprised the Swagger thing didn't have him clearing house given the date it'll be shown.

Kinda sounds like Jericho is feuding a little with Wyatt, and a little with Miz :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Couple of losses in a row now for Cesaro.

I thought his allegiance with PH would be a slow burn but I fear for him when Lesnar returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Nice to see Del Rio and Sheamus again..... (kill me...)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damien Sandow comes out dressed up like Bruce Springsteen and sang “Born In the USA.” Rusev and Lana interrupted him, cutting an anti-American 4th of July promo. Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter interrupted Lana and got a loud babyface reaction. Lots of loud “USA” and “We The People” chants

Ambrose seems to have Bruce's look too :p

Are WWE trying to get Sandow over as face?

I think Cesaro will win the IC title

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ambrose seems to have Bruce's look too :p

Are WWE trying to get Sandow over as face?

I think Cesaro will win the IC title

I think Cesaro will be the person eliminated by the person who wins the IC title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cesaro :(:mad::(

Bo Dallas will win I think. Apparently he vowed to win on Smackdown 'for little Daniel' which is amazing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I read other spoilers that said Cesaro attacked Big E before the match but when Big E fought back Cesaro left and that the match never got started

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As someone else suggested, Brock will come back when Bo is 21 and Bo. Since he's now at 12, the timing would probably work. :)
    Was this week the first time he did something blatantly heelish?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As someone else suggested, Brock will come back when Bo is 21 and Bo. Since he's now at 12, the timing would probably work. :)

twas Moneymaker on the podcast iirc and although it may have been a little tongue in cheek I could actually see it happening

dont think it was any more heelish than any other week, yeah he did call himself the bigger man between himself and Bryan but that was just him in his deluded character saying he would rise above Bryan making fun of him and other than that he was his usual, awesome (I'm a Boliever), disingenuous self with the minutes silence etc for Bryan and Barrett

• Advertisement

Oh I mean what he did on this week's Smackdown
    to El Torito

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »

Meltzer said WWE REALLY wants Bo to be a heel and are annoyed by the face pops he is getting.

So he did this:
    H6gwtuP.gif

They still cheered Bo. :p

He made Bolievers out of everyone

rovert wrote: »
    Meltzer said WWE REALLY wants Bo to be a heel and are annoyed by the face pops he is getting.

So he did this:
    H6gwtuP.gif

They still cheered Bo. :p
    Solid WWE logic. Because everyone is majorly emotionally invested in El Torito

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I dopn't care who you are, grown men throw midgets around is always gonna get a cheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

orestes wrote: »
    I dopn't care who you are, grown men throw midgets around is always gonna get a cheer.

Even Cena?:pac:

Advertisement