Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowel movement!!!

Options
  • 02-07-2014 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

Went for a 10k today and before hand I used the toilet. However 5km through I had to go again. Since I got back I've had diorhea fairly bad..

Anyone provide any explanation/reason?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Now you know why they call it "getting the runs".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

Haha how do I make sure it doesn't happen again? Or is that the only input you have :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭rom

Dehydration or dairy prior to the run cause this. I had to make a stop in a garage today as I had a few pints last night. So one of the above is normally the reason. A coffee first thing in the morning well before the run helps. Again no milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

http://www.active.com/nutrition/articles/how-to-avoid-runner-s-trots-880937

Think it happens to all of us at some time or others. I usually can avoid it by making sure I take care of business before I go on a run!

Hope above helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Anything longer than 1 hour had me running towards a pub / coffee shop last year. Started taking Imodium for the long run on Saturday mornings for peace of mind.

This year, I've been having some coffee and that seems to make sure I'm good and empty before I leave alright. No Imodium needed so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Avoid over eating too later the night before. Keep the breakfast light - avoid high fiber cereals !

Coffee is an offender if you drink it too soon before the start. I usually avoid 2 hours before any run - three before anything over a 10k.

Do you do a warmup run. Ideally I like to do about 2 miles very very easy a few hours before a run. It gets things "moving".

It is different for everyone so your mileage may vary (pun intended) At this stage I can pretty much predict how my body reacts. Three bathroom visits and I am set for anything. Like anything else it takes practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Went for a 10k today and before hand I used the toilet. However 5km through I had to go again. Since I got back I've had diorhea fairly bad..

Anyone provide any explanation/reason?
    Mite be food piosionin....

Advertisement