Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody working in the Talbot Street area also hear the regular group chanting?

Options
  • 02-07-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've been working in the Talbot street area, close to Busaras for the last couple of months, and it's become apparent that everyday, around mid day or so that I hear this chanting.

I can never make out what they say, but it happens every single day, multiple times a day without fail. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard it, or knows who it is and what they're chanting.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Probably the mosque/prayer room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lucebree

No it most definitely isn't a mosque/prayer room. The accent off the chants suggests townies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

It's the door to door marketing company psyching up their young employees before sending them out for a day of flogging Sky TV packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

It's the brass monkey's chanting the NA 'Serenity Prayer'

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference"

Advertisement