Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property auctions

Options
  • 02-07-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in attending an auction, but I contacted a property agent who holds auctions in the RDS in Dublin, but you have to pay €2,000 up front... (why?!)

I'm not buying, I just want to see what they are like. I am interested in property, and would probably get into it in the future, since i'm only 21 at the moment!
    But I can't get any information from any Irish website, or after calling into estate agents.
    All I've gotten is that you have to register with companies and pay unbelievable fees, nearly up to €10,000!!

Does anybody know any more information? Is there ANY that you can just attend without paying?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is to stop people disrupting the auction, which happened previously in some repossession situations.

It also demonstrates whether people are being 'tourists' or not.

Make sure an such deposit is full refundable and that you know who it is paid to and any terms and conditions, e.g. is a bid required?

Advertisement