Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Eyeing this Ford Puma 1.6, need an opinion

Options
  • 02-07-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

LINK

Anyone got any experiences with them ? Read up they were a pretty good car, but wishing for some input here.

And looking at the above, would that be a decent buy for €1900 for a 2002 1.6 model with 60k ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nice little cars. 1.7 is a better engine though. A/c is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Link no work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭cletus

Think I'm correct in saying these cars were based on the mk4 fiesta, and had rear arch rust problems similar to the fiesta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

cletus wrote: »
    Think I'm correct in saying these cars were based on the mk4 fiesta, and had rear arch rust problems similar to the fiesta

Yes and yes. Rear arches are something to be looked for, they're prone to the aul tin worm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

very strong money there about 1k over priced IMO I had a red 1.7 before and your better of with that engine too. just watch out for rust the timing belt is exopensive on these so check out if its been done when it should have could be a good haggling point for you, mine was a cheap 98 uk import and had a respray on top looked well but a few month after I noticed the rust in the floorpan and you could poke a screwdriver right through it sadly

• Advertisement
Advertisement