Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Prius 3gen engine oil

Options
  • 02-07-2014 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

I noticed from UK forums that although 0w20 is Toyota recommended dealer would often use 5w30 oil - which one do you use?

In my local dealership using 0w20 means about 20-30 Euro extra.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

0w20 will give you slightly better mileage.
    I would go with 5w30 from a reputable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

My local motor factors sell 5l cans of Maxol 0w20 oil for €37 retail which is reasonable enough. I'm not sure who produces the oil for Maxol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

After few months I do not see any difference in driving, but it would seem that economy is marginally better.

I think they put 5w30 in mine. I average 60-64 mpg

I think they put 5w30 in mine. I average 60-64 mpg

I think you drive much better than me. Give try to lower viscosity oil then, and you should see even higher mpg - especially in winter.

• Advertisement

After nearly year of driving on 0w20 it seems it improves mpg.

Advertisement