Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

C02 Tax on 08+ Audi A6 2.0 Diesel

Options
  • 02-07-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Looking at lots of 08 Audi A6 2.0 Diesel autos.

All are on the.old tax rates....can't seem to.find any on the co2 band?

Done a reg chec on motor tax and it's showing 750 per year!!

750 is fine but there seems to be no 08 A6 in the C02 tax band

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€750 is the emmissons based tax bracket for that car. Engine size based tax on a 2.0 litre would be €710. The A6 didn't get lower emmissons until it got the newer CR engines with the facelifted model in early 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The A6 2.0Tdi was due to go up in price in July 2008, based on emissions and predicted VRT increase, but Audi "re-aligned" it, to keep it around the same.

Just checked CO2 on a May 08 140ps and that was 159g for a manual!

First facelift model with the CR engine was 151g for the Auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

no wonder everyone wants the 2L bm diesels, they were E280 for the year if I'm not mistaken. The timing chain issue in them makes them one to avoid though, unless the job has been done on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Idbatterim wrote: »
    no wonder everyone wants the 2L bm diesels, they were E280 for the year if I'm not mistaken. The timing chain issue in them makes them one to avoid though, unless the job has been done on them...

Almost 40 more horses as well. Meant to be okay post March 11. Still, I'm quite wary of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

I was looking at a 520 but every second car on the road is a 520. Plenty of A6 to but not as many.

I prefer the A6 interior, much nicer than a 520 or E220 even.

Timing chains are a pain and even though the auld lad is a mechanic I'd stay clear.

A6 give turbo and injector issues but there there relatively in expensive considering I can do the work myself.

Thanks for the replys, €750 is bearable for such a nice car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I was looking at a 520 but every second car on the road is a 520. Plenty of A6 to but not as many.

You can't see the A6's as they're glued to the arse of the car in front of them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

525D or 530D? The 6 cylinders don't suffer from the chain issues.

You can't see the A6's as they're glued to the arse of the car in front of them :p

Tap of the brakes solves that :-D

525D or 530D? The 6 cylinders don't suffer from the chain issues.

Wouldn't pay the 530 tax.....daylight robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

How much is the 530d tax? Is it (much) more than the 525 or even the 520d? Maybe the pre 08 one were extortionate but I thought the newer ones were reasonable enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A 2008 530d auto costs €750 to tax. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

bazz26 wrote: »
    A 2008 530d auto costs €750 to tax. ;)

bye Audi :D:D

Old diesel wrote: »
    bye Audi :D:D

Ah I don't know.....think the Audi is bigger and had a nicer looking interior especially the dash and centre console :-)

Advertisement