Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Converting 9 seater to 7

Options
  • 02-07-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I am contemplating a conversion of my 9 seater van to a 7 seater. Its a Mercedes Vito, so has all the rails / hooks for the re-arrangement. I am wondering how do I go about the change in the log book? Is it expensive to have this changed? Experiences / thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

kumar_aq wrote: »
    I am contemplating a conversion of my 9 seater van to a 7 seater. Its a Mercedes Vito, so has all the rails / hooks for the re-arrangement. I am wondering how do I go about the change in the log book? Is it expensive to have this changed? Experiences / thoughts welcome.

Doesn't make any difference to the tax class does it? Not sure why you'd need to have it changed on the log book.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

But what about who is licensed to drive it and whether it gets a car or minibus toll?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

Another bit is, it will not pass NCT if the log book says 9 seater with only 7 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

If you are looking to remove the rear seats and commercialize it, you need to get it assessed by an engineer and the rear cubic capacity had to be a certain amount and you need a partician behind your middle row of seats

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

flazio wrote: »
    But what about who is licensed to drive it and whether it gets a car or minibus toll?

Presuming it's 8 passengers and the driver to make 9 seats, it's not a Minibus - normal car classification. Minibus has to be at least 9+1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

on the same topic, what about changing a standard panel van to have windows in a sliding door and a second row of seats, say, in a VW Transporter?

regards,
    Stovepipe

Advertisement