Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Please help Clutch issue

Options
  • 02-07-2014 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

IHi guys i got a new clutch done today and i am having issue. the issue is on start up the is weird npoice with a vibrating feeling in the car. as i am driving and in traffic there is a rattle noice in the car. most inportant is when i am sticking the car in reveres there is a bang when lifting up the clutch real fast

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Is it a diesel? Was the DMF replaced with the clutch?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

Nino Brown wrote: »
    Is it a diesel? Was the DMF replaced with the clutch?

No petrol as far as I can read was bearing clutch plate where replaced in the car I do not know what a DMF is sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Bulin wrote: »
    No petrol as far as I can read was bearing clutch plate where replaced in the car I do not know what a DMF is sorry

Dual mass flywheel, I think they're only in Diesel cars, when they go they can cause vibrations when clutching but that's obviously not your problem.

Still sounds like a flywheel problem to me, but I don't know much about them. Bring it straight back to where to where you got it done is the only advice I can offer.

Nino Brown wrote: »
    Dual mass flywheel, I think they're only in Diesel cars, when they go they can cause vibrations when clutching but that's obviously not your problem.

Still sounds like a flywheel problem to me, but I don't know much about them. Bring it straight back to where to where you got it done is the only advice I can offer.
    I did being it back and there saying the due a wheel was badly warn and a new one place the wheel is trying to get grip so it's spinning more to get grip. They said that it will go when the clutch and the rest settle in with each other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

k, that sounds like complete rubbish. A new clutch should not be causing any vibration for starters. i'm more thinking along the lines of the clutch bearing not been refitted properly

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Really dont know how you could fit a thrust bearing wrong?

Please have a look at me video

brought it back and they told me it was the starting motor not fitted right over themselves

Advertisement