Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milwaukee router and sander

Options
  • 02-07-2014 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi I am looking for informations on tools. I have found a website who sell tools at a really good price in america. (Internationaltool.com) and I was wondering if I bought a Milwaukee router and random orbital sander would they run right if I slapped a 110v plug on them and used them on a 110v transformer. I know that in america they use 120AC and and I was wondering if they will run right on 110DC
    thanks
    woodworker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Hi I am looking for informations on tools. I have found a website who sell tools at a really good price in america. (Internationaltool.com) and I was wondering if I bought a Milwaukee router and random orbital sander would they run right if I slapped a 110v plug on them and used them on a 110v transformer. I know that in america they use 120AC and and I was wondering if they will run right on 110DC
    thanks
    woodworker

Ya they will work fine. I have tools from america and put a 110v plug on them and they work perfect with my transformer

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Ya their meant to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

They will run but will be about 10% slower due to the 50/60 hertz difference. it doesn't seem to affect the tool but might invalidate any warrenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the woodworker

Thanks for the help. I was thinking it would not work but im sure it will now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 banjoman22

I have a milwaukee router from the US and find it very good. Running off the 110V transformer for about 4 or 5 years no bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 banjoman22

I did bring home a Makita drill and impacter set from the states last summer and when I plugged it into the transformer here it burned out a component in it. a small puff of smoke and that was the end of it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

ive a lot of tools home from the states and never had any bother changing them over to 110v plugs. Ive most of the milwaukee kit and they work grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

banjoman22 wrote: »
    I did bring home a Makita drill and impacter set from the states last summer and when I plugged it into the transformer here it burned out a component in it. a small puff of smoke and that was the end of it !

Cordless tools are just not worth the risk due to the electronics in the chargers.
    If you are buying machinery its surprising how many will offer a 220 volt /50 hertz fitted motors - I've brought in two machines just by asking the manufacturer. In general, the US market is more competitive and geared to 'the guy in his (work)shop'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

recipio wrote: »
    Cordless tools are just not worth the risk due to the electronics in the chargers.
    If you are buying machinery its surprising how many will offer a 220 volt /50 hertz fitted motors - I've brought in two machines just by asking the manufacturer. In general, the US market is more competitive and geared to 'the guy in his (work)shop'

The last cordless charger I looked at from the US was rated 100V to 220V ac, it amused me and I remember it as the owner lugged a transformer around with the charger :pac::D

Advertisement