Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best travel agency in Dublin

Options
  • 01-07-2014 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

Me and my boyfriend are planning to visit Japan next year. Because it’s such a different culture and it’s quite expensive we are going to book everything with a travel agency. So I would like to know what is the best travel agency in Dublin, the most reliable and the one with the best prices.
    Can someone please help me.

Thanks in advance

Filipa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

You could do a lot worse than Trailfinders.

Gavin in there is particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Filebre

Thanks for the advice.

I have been there and already have some of their booklets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Filebre wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice.

I have been there and already have some of their booklets.

Then you don't need to go anywhere else. They are the best by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Filebre

Trailfinders it is :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alexago

Any updates here? I'm looking for a good travel agency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Lena11

I would still vote for Trailfinders if you are not going for the typical European/American 1 week holiday. I have been using them since 2009 and last visit to them was in July and they were as good as ever

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'm not so sure about Trailfinders. They quoted us €5000 for a trip to Japan for two. We booked our own trip to Japan for €3500.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 justdavidalone

Now that looks expensive. Have you tried GowithGuide? They offer Private tours and Local Guide with the reasonable price. Try checking their site they even have a customized Itinerary if you want to changed some plans in your trip and they really had a good reputation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i think trailfinders are great but don’t be fooled, you’re paying a hefty premium for someone to book the same flight, hotel and transfers you’d be booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,324 ✭✭✭✭ted1

but is it a like for like comparison ?

like is one staying nice hotels and the other hostels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

It was. Same class of hotel in the same district of Tokyo. I even got premium economy on the outbound flight which wasn't included in the quote I got from Trailfinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭JVince

Just like any other service. Its down to deciding on whether you need back up if something goes wrong.

For a standard trip to Japan, you probably would not need full service, but for a multi city/country trip, it is probably something to consider.

Advertisement