Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can You Report A Tattoo Shop

Options
  • 01-07-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Is there such a thing a reporting a tattoo shop? I was in one a couple of weeks ago and the artist was under the influence and it was clearly visible. He then started rolling joints behind the counter its an absolute joke that this chap thinks its ok for him to tattoo people when he is stoned. I never stick my nose in but I have heard some stories about this bloke and I don't he should be allowed to tattoo. I know it's up to the person to choose their tattoo artist but I think their should be strict laws when it comes to this type of stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lolabola

No sadly I don't think there is such a thing where you can report a shop or a tattoo artist but I am not sure. If its the shop I think you are talking about you should avoid this place like the plague .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

I think it should be a case of name and shame. (Refer to DamoElDiablo's post below) I mean it's word of mouth / social network sites that get their attention in the first place. Just be careful of any false accusations!

Also, if you think there were illegal substances being taken you could report it to the Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 markdub101

I think it should be a case of name and shame. I mean it's word of mouth / social network sites that get their attention in the first place. Just be careful of any false accusations!

Also, if you think there were illegal substances being taken you could report it to the Guards.

I will be telling everyone to avoid this place but the things I heard I think a lot a people already know not to go there. I don't know if I could report him to the guards yes irresponsible tattoo artist but I don't want to ruin the blokes life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

markdub101 wrote: »
    I will be telling everyone to avoid this place but the things I heard I think a lot a people already know not to go there. I don't know if I could report him to the guards yes irresponsible tattoo artist but I don't want to ruin the blokes life.

True. Just keep it word of mouth so.

If he's rolling and smoking around the shop then I'd seriously question his hygiene, and the cleanliness of the parlour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

There's no legal regulation framework for tattooing in Ireland so on an official level there's not really an awful lot you can do. Now you can tell your friends and family of your experience and perhaps even the owner of the studio in question but with the omnishambles that is online defamation law in this country naming and shaming online could end up being a bit of a minefield for you.

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    There's no legal regulation framework for tattooing in Ireland so on an official level there's not really an awful lot you can do. Now you can tell your friends and family of your experience and perhaps even the owner of the studio in question but with the omnishambles that is online defamation law in this country naming and shaming online could end up being a bit of a minefield for you.

The problem is he is one of the owners. It just pisses me off that people like him are allowed to tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

markdub101 wrote: »
    The problem is he is one of the owners. It just pisses me off that people like him are allowed to tattoo.

Word of mouth is your friend then I guess but the true barometer of the effect of his smoking the odd joint during the course of the working day is his portfolio.

If their work is consistently good and they follow the hygiene procedures then in my eyes the artist having the occasional joint isn't the worst thing in the world. If their work suffers as a result then its a different matter.

True. Just keep it word of mouth so.

If he's rolling and smoking around the shop then I'd seriously question his hygiene, and the cleanliness of the parlour.

He was smoking it outside the shop in clear view of everyone but the smell of hash of him when he walked back in. But you are right about the hygiene I never even thought about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Do not, under any circumstances, engage in 'name and shame' here please.
    Due to the laws in Ireland being what they are, it'd create a whole lot of pain for both you and the site.

As the industry has no regulation in Ireland, there's sadly nowhere to report this kind of thing. Just steer clear of such places, and ensure that the decent artists get the business instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    Word of mouth is your friend then I guess but the true barometer of the effect of his smoking the odd joint during the course of the working day is his portfolio.

If their work is consistently good and they follow the hygiene procedures then in my eyes the artist having the occasional joint isn't the worst thing in the world. If their work suffers as a result then its a different matter.

This times a 100 I had an artist smoking weed when tattooing me at one time and to be honest it didn't bother me in the slightest his work was still fine.

If there work is still good but you still have a problem then it comes down to morals and you just don't have that artist work on you imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I'd be inclined to agree with P_1 in that if his work doesn't suffer, then let him waste his cash on whatever he wants. If the standards drop then obviously stay well clear. I don't think it should be done in the open however, in clear view of anyone walking past, and especially not in front of potential clients.

I do happen to know for a fact that one of the best artists, from one of the most respected shops in Ireland dropped €800 in just 1 evening on cocaine about 2 weeks ago. This is not an isolated event either, yet his work is still absolutely top drawer. (Just so we're clear, I WAS NOT involved in the use of cocaine. I was simply told this by a mutual friend and now his ex-client)

Advertisement