Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to primary teaching!!

Options
  • 01-07-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

So the change of mind closes today, and I need to sort out my CAO. I've always wanted to be a primary school teacher. However I don't think I got the points, and even if I am being negative I want to have a viable back up in place. I've looked at Early years and childhood studies in UCC, or Early childhood care and education in Mary I. I really don't know which one is a better course/option as I would want to do the post grad in Mary I. Or maybe arts would be a better option?

On one hand the course in UCC is shorter, at 3 years. It is closer to home and UCC is a good college. But if I was to go to Mary I would I have a better chance of being accepted to the post grad, and does the fact that it is four years make much of a difference?

I'd really appreciate if anyone had any experience with these courses or just is more knowledgeable than me. I read the course outline but couldn't seem to understand what real differences are between the two.

Advertisement