Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why is this Subaru Forester so cheap?

Options
  • 30-06-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me why this Subaru Forester is so cheap? I can't remember if the dealer has a good reputation or not but either way it seems very cheap for a 2006.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

4 owner 8 year old car with no nct ?

Foresters don't generally make amazing money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

The 30mpg can be a killer also.

looks boggo spec also

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Doesn't even have an armrest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's an 8 year old petrol SUV with no NCT, don't think it's particularly cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Maybe it had some adjustments

SUBARU FORESTER 2.0X Nct01/14 Tax04/13 194684 KM 06KY1354

qydoJMc.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Why would anyone buy a car with an NCT out 6 months?, there is a Garda station a few hundred metres from that dealer, surely it would be taken off you if you were stopped?
    I am only saying because I'm looking for a cheapish car at the moment and that dealer has a lot of cars with highish miles and no NCT, does anyone take the risk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

The price of foresters in general has collapsed in the last few months, I've been following them a bit. The same goes for Legacys. Fuel guzzlage, big tax and a rep for not passing 100k without work to diffs etc is starting to reflect in the pricing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

"Adjustments" aside, they're expensive cars to run and repair and availability of used parts isn't good. They really don't have a huge number of things going for them once they get on in years and miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

gctest50 wrote: »
    Maybe it had some adjustments

SUBARU FORESTER 2.0X Nct01/14 Tax04/13 194684 KM 06KY1354

qydoJMc.png

Holy Haircut Batman, never trust round numbers!

Seems a trivial amount of miles to lose all the same. Is 100k miles really that much more saleable than 120k (~200k km)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

More than likely ,I'd say it still has 194 on it, but you wouldn't know til you saw it.

It'll look good value still come November when the dailymail predicts worst winter in 80 years headline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Bigus wrote: »
    It'll look good value still come November when the dailymail predicts worst winter in 80 years headline.

No chance of you crashing when its up on axle stands - you'd be nice n warm and safe inside the garage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I certainly wouldn't be buying any car of the dealer in question op..

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

I traded in a '06 forester turbo last year, had about 130k kms on it if memory serves. Never had any major issues with it, had it serviced as recommended e.g. changing timing belt, diff oil etc. Agree it can be difficult sourcing parts but there is an irish Subaru owners club who are very helpful. I occasionally sourced parts from the us for a fraction of the cost here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

So, question answered. It just seemed a lot cheaper than others from 2006, but the lack of NCT would discourage me if buying from a dealer much more than privately.

Thanks for all the answers :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Truckermal wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't be buying any car of the dealer in question op..

Why is that do you mind me asking? My Sister bought a car off him in May/June '13 and didn't have any problems. Car is still going perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

:D
    renofan wrote: »
    Why is that do you mind me asking? My Sister bought a car off him in May/June '13 and didn't have any problems. Car is still going perfect.

I don't want a lawsuit against Boards so do a bit of searching. .

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭coyle21

my friend has one, he converted it to gas though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:cool: I've got a Subaru Forester 2.5 turbo , 2005 reg. Its been the most reliable car I ever bought -absolutely nothing gone wrong except the bulb for the clock.They have a lot of technology like self levelling rear suspension not found in other SUVs.
    I could live with the fuel consumption but not the punative 1000+ car tax.
    Why (o why) do we have to suffer a two tier car tax . ? I'll be changing it soon.

Advertisement