Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laurel trees

Options
  • 30-06-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a laurel hedge which I planted last year, but my question is how often do I need to feed the trees ?

Also what is the best feed to use ? Seamungus or chicken poo ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Hi all,

I have a laurel hedge which I planted last year, but my question is how often do I need to feed the trees ?

Also what is the best feed to use ? Seamungus or chicken poo ?
    You don't need to feed it at all, in fact I'd recommend against it unless you have a specific reason for feeding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Sorry to ask a stupid question: But why does the garden centres recommend to feed the tree three times a year ?

And last poster it advising not to feed trees ?

Anyone know what is best to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

is your hedge mature? thriving? if it is you dont need to feed it. the garden centres are probably telling you that because theyre trying to sell their products

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

Sorry to ask a stupid question: But why does the garden centres recommend to feed the tree three times a year ?

And last poster it advising not to feed trees ?

Anyone know what is best to do ?

They do it to sell you more stuff,I would only use feed fir the first year or two if at all.
    Laurel grow quick once established and even do well in crap soil.
    if you have spare chicken poo throw it on it will help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

When is the best time to prune Laurel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Question about laurel, this is my hedge I sowed just after Patricks day. Some of the trees all the leaves fell off, are they dead or just struggling. The dogs do pass through them when there out and I wounder did they cause it.

Advertisement