Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy s5 and security when charging via usb

Options
  • 30-06-2014 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

when charging via usb on my galaxy s3 the files were not asessible through "my computer" unless my screen was unlocked first.

with the s5 once i plug it into usb it allows me access to all the files via my computer, even when i've not unlocked the screen.

seems like a bit of a security bug here. am i missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Hmm, I never even checked this on my S4. You can get USB condom, cable that does only charging, no data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

On my S5 if I plug in the USB cable when the phone is locked then the phone appears in My Computer but I can't see the Phone storage or Card storage.
    When I unlock the phone they both appear.
    That seems like the way it should work.

I've no clue why yours is working differently. That's a huge security hole alright. I've no idea how to fix yours. I'd imagine that it's not a setting that you should be able to change.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm with timetogo, same for me. Have to unlock to view files.

Advertisement