Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie official app [Now Launched]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I just had a quick look..and it looks like it's a lot better than the touch site!

Edit: Yes, it is missing some features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Prefer the touch site myself at the moment. That's probably just because it's familiar though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Davy wrote: »

It's will be good, it's a start, but at the moment it's lacking many features compared to the mobile touch site, jump to first unread, view thanks, pms, cannot edit posts, my threads missing last poster etc. I'm finding it too clunky compared to my browser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Looks good, I like the quick navigation to pages within the thread, but most importantly you can now quickly view the forum tree, something that's always a pain in the ass on the touch site, eg. in the wireless forum and want to go to the broadband forum.
    Scrolling on a post you're writing is an issue. I can't see any of this paragraph as I type because the window won't scroll up with me. It seems to do it in chunks as it just popped up now in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Some of the forums are missing I found including this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Definitely a good first cut.

Problems as have been mentioned. But does look nice and clean and had a lot of potential.

Fast scroll through a thread is really great.

Page loading seems quite a bit slower than touch site though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Going to try this out for a while and see how it goes. Seems very smooth so far and a nice layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I like the touch to reply with quotes thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Might take some getting used to, but its really great.

Also got two mentions in the Google Play screenshots so thats something :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

First impressions are it has a really nice layout, need more time though to see how it plays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Opening a thread you've already read part of, eg You Laugh You Lose, always brings you back to the first post. Can you guys change it so it goes to first unread posts like the Touch Site. That's my only really annoyance,
    everything else seems great so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Excellent app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭thomasj

it will take a bit of getting used to especially for those who used the unofficial app but it looks great.

you should add the users subscribed forums to the forum list like the touch site.

It's there, go to Home from the menu on the left and swipe across to My Forums, My threads etc.

I also notice that you can swipe left or right when in a thread allows you to change pages within that thread.

I'm seeing a couple of little bugs like I had this post previously typed a number of times but the app didn't think I was logged on, and I'm not getting auto capitalisation on new sentences.

I also don't see an edit button on a post.

Also, auto refresh on a thread would be good as when you post you won't see what you just posted unless you manually do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Boards.ie: Declan

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Opening a thread you've already read part of, eg You Laugh You Lose, always brings you back to the first post. Can you guys change it so it goes to first unread posts like the Touch Site. That's my only really annoyance,
    everything else seems great so far

Hi Sonics2k - we are going to have jump to first unread in the next release. Unfortunately it's a bit trickier than we had originally thought. It's been worked on now - will keep you posted.

Thanks for the feedback!

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

The app doesn't auto refresh when you open it. If I'm looking at a thread & exit the app, when I open it again I have to always hit the refresh button to get the most recent postings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

One question....

"My Forum Posts" is that supposed to contain my posts??

Like my posting history??

I can't see them there, am I looking in the wrong place or misunderstanding??

Is it supposed to be like in your profile on the website, where you can call up all posts by "irishpancake" for instance?

edit...

my bad, I see it under my username in the side menu....

sorry, that's fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Would really like to have "My Forums Posts" and "My Threads" appear as the first two tabs without having to scroll across every time. Great work folks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

One question....

"My Forum Posts" is that supposed to contain my posts??

Like my posting history??

I can't see them there, am I looking in the wrong place or misunderstanding??

Is it supposed to be like in your profile on the website, where you can call up all posts by "irishpancake" for instance?

edit...

my bad, I see it under my username in the side menu....

sorry, that's fine. :)

Not a good experience at all.....

when you call up a post in your profile, you get the thread start page, and no way to navigate to any other page, no navigation strip or pane.....

if you reply or edit a post you are logged out, even though you logged in....

I won't use this very much a WIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Been using the app for a week now. Main issues as above plus My Forum Posts hasn't updated for days. The only way to see new posts in my subscribed forums is via the My Forums section which is cumbersome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Aggl the no edit option is very annoying too - wanted to add that my threads hadn't updated for 5 days as well.

Advertisement