Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you taking the absolute mickey with renewal quotes?

Options
  • 30-06-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭

It's pretty easy to  see what a farce your advertisements for 60% off for >5 years NCB, and 28% further off the remainder for 0 penalty points really are with renewal quotes like this.

Somehow, despite being another year older and having another year NCB with no change to circumstance and no claims, my base premium has gone from €1,546.12 to a rather hilarious €3,789.51.

So despite these "magical" discounts you're advertising everywhere, my overall net premium has risen over €200. 

While you seem to be trying very hard yourselves to lose every possible customer you have with renewal quotes like this, unless you do something to rectify this - I will also do my utmost to ensure you lose as many customers as possible by making everyone I can aware of this nonsense (via boards.ie / social media / word of mouth / etc )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Just got my renewal quote from Liberty was fairly shocked to  have a look through it and saw fairly similar figures. What is with the huge base premiums and over the top discounts you will just start pissing people off(As you already have).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Liberty Insurance: Lisa

Hi challengemaster
    We regret you are disappointed with the price offered for your car insurance.  Any quotation we offer is based on a number of risk factors entered at the time of quotation, including the car details, driver details, driving experience, address, driving convictions/claims etc.

We'd like to look at the quote to make sure you are getting our best price. PM the policy number and your contact details and we will give you a call to check this out for you.

Kind regards

Lisa

Hi NewCorkLad

Could you please PM us your policy number, phone number & a suitable time to call you and we can look into this for you?

Kind regards

Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Thanks for the heads up op. I was goin to go with them I think I'll steer clear now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hi challengemaster
    We regret you are disappointed with the price offered for your car insurance.  Any quotation we offer is based on a number of risk factors entered at the time of quotation, including the car details, driver details, driving experience, address, driving convictions/claims etc.

We'd like to look at the quote to make sure you are getting our best price. PM the policy number and your contact details and we will give you a call to check this out for you.

Kind regards

Lisa
    Perhaps before copying and pasting, you could read first and see does what you're about to say conflict with what I've just said?

While I understand that "Any quotation we offer is based on a number of risk factors entered at the time of quotation, including the car details, driver details, driving experience, address, driving convictions/claims etc."

I had just informed you in my initial post that there was no change of circumstance. Hence, compared to the previous years quotation - The car details, address, etc had not changed. I also mentioned that I have gained 1 more year of driving experience (no claims), and gotten another year older myself. Lastly I also mentioned I had made no claims. I will now add to this and say there are no convictions, and clearly as I am "receiving" this 0 penalty points bonus, it would make sense I have 0 penalty points.

In short - Nothing has changed from what last years premium was based on, except things which should DECREASE the premium (age, experience). So, when nothing has changed, why would the base premium go from ~€1550, to ~€3800 ? 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭coyle21

Their adverts look goods and was going to give them a try but after hearing this, I will avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

It's pretty easy to  see what a farce your advertisements for 60% off for >5 years NCB, and 28% further off the remainder for 0 penalty points really are with renewal quotes like this.

Somehow, despite being another year older and having another year NCB with no change to circumstance and no claims, my base premium has gone from €1,546.12 to a rather hilarious €3,789.51.

So despite these "magical" discounts you're advertising everywhere, my overall net premium has risen over €200. 

While you seem to be trying very hard yourselves to lose every possible customer you have with renewal quotes like this, unless you do something to rectify this - I will also do my utmost to ensure you lose as many customers as possible by making everyone I can aware of this nonsense (via boards.ie / social media / word of mouth / etc )
    Have got quotes from them this last 3 ears and despite having a completely clean driving record for the last 29 years they are always the dearest.
    Maybe OP you live within 25 miles of a water source. 

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Ive just had the exact same situation occur with mine.

Im driving an Evo 8 FQ320 so I can appreciate that it's high risk car but I accept that.
    I've also been with them all my driving life (15 odd years) and have never had any claims so have a full NCB.

My renewal quote was 806 last year and has gone up to 1051 this year. An increase of ~30% which is ridiculous and one that I cannot accept.
    I'm 36 this year.

Ive already had Britton and Kenco (Lloyds) provide me with more reasonable quotes but Ill still give Liberty a chance to redeem themselves as I've been a long standing customer of theirs.

Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Hi challengemaster

Kind regards

Lisa

Standard cop out BS from insurace companys that need to be regulated properly!!

Hi coyle21

Can you PM me your details and I can arrange for member of our sales department to give you a call?

Regards

Lisa

• Advertisement

Hi conor-mr2

Thanks for your comment.  If you would like to PM us your policy number, phone number & a suitable time to call you, we will be happy to look at your quote and make sure you get the best price we can offer.

Regards

Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Hi conor-mr2

Thanks for your comment.  If you would like to PM us your policy number, phone number & a suitable time to call you, we will be happy to look at your quote and make sure you get the best price we can offer.

Regards

Lisa

God forbid it might get openly discussed on a pulic furum!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Having been with Quinn/Liberty for three years, my TPFT policy at renewal went from €980 to €1,240 with no claims or change in circumstance. Got a quote from FBD for €560 for TPFT and €690 for Fully Comp. That is on the exact same vehicle, living in the exact same place, same level of driving experience, no penalty points etc.

It looks to me like Liberty are trying to unload younger drivers from their books at renewal time in an attempt to leave themselves with just older drivers. There is no possible way that the exact same person and vehicle could be risk assessed so differently by two insurers.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Well I sent on my policy number and got a call back in fairness. The girl is getting onto the underwriters to see what's what.

Looking at my details now I'm at home, I can see where the problem is...

Base Premium 2013 : 1707.33
    Base Premium 2014 : 5223.98

hmm 5223.98-1707.33 = 3526.65 / 1707.33 = 206.56%

Is there a ghost in the machine? Did someone put a decimal point in the wrong place here?

WTF!?
    :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ImDave wrote: »
    Having been with Quinn/Liberty for three years, my TPFT policy at renewal went from €980 to €1,240 with no claims or change in circumstance. Got a quote from FBD for €560 for TPFT and €690 for Fully Comp. That is on the exact same vehicle, living in the exact same place, same level of driving experience, no penalty points etc.

It looks to me like Liberty are trying to unload younger drivers from their books at renewal time in an attempt to leave themselves with just older drivers. There is no possible way that the exact same person and vehicle could be risk assessed so differently by two insurers.
    My mam in her 60's got a huge increase from Liberty so it seems to be across the board with them. She moved back to FBD.

Sorry, realise it's an old thread but my renewal with Liberty is due soon so I'm dreading this especially seeing how many this has happened to.

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Hi RacoonQueen

If you PM me your details I will arrange for someone to look into this for you.

Regards

Seán

Advertisement