Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€850 Gaming PC

Options
  • 30-06-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,
    1. What is your budget? €850, at the moment, might be higher in 2-3 weeks. so its ok to post stuff a bit over budget

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/General stuff]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need? Nothing too small, and nothing too big. I would rather take a smaller monitor if it has better picture quality.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? n/a

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [yes]

8. How can you pay? [paypal]

9. When are you purchasing? [august] (going away in a week :p)

At the moment i have been browsing the UK sites and don't think i would be getting the best hardware for my budget. I am using Pcpartpicker and have come up with this build;

[PCPartPicker part list] / [Price breakdown by merchant]

Type|Item|Price
    :----|:----|:----
    CPU:| [Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor]| £120.00 @ Amazon UK
    CPU Cooler:| [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | £24.76 @ Amazon UK
    Motherboard: | [Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard] | £69.99 @ Ebuyer
    Memory: | [Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory] | £55.10 @ Amazon UK
    Storage: | [Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive] | £58.98 @ Ebuyer
    Video Card: | [Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card] | £120.00 @ Amazon UK
    Case: | [NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case] | £48.00
    Power Supply| [Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | £53.88 @ Amazon UK
    Monitor: | [Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor] | £119.99 @ Amazon UK
    Total: £670.70
    | Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available |

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Past_Pawn_99

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

69 pound for the mobo. Should be paying 69 Euro and getting a "h97" mobo. Don't even need that. A 50 euro b model will do.

You don't need the r9 270 x get the regular 270 if it is cheaper.

The HDD 58 pound again. Too much.

Would you be prepared to buy from hardwareversand?

I did up a build for you using hardwareversand.de and the discount Geizhals.de(phone crashed as I posted)

I got an I5 6970 3.5 GHz

An r9 280x /can do a gtx 770 if you wish.

And a 120 GB SSD ontop of the 1tb SSD in the build for same price. No compromise on quality either. And leaving money for a monitor.

Now the improvement overall to your build is big. I'm talking running games on very high settings smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Past_Pawn_99

Yes, i was looking at that site compared to amazon and such.

Theres a Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X OC, 3GB GDDR5 for 176€ and was thinking of going with that GPU.
    I am buying the my case from amazon because i think i get free shipping, and the I5-4440 for £120 from amazon also looks very good.

• Advertisement

Yes, i was looking at that site compared to amazon and such.

Theres a Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X OC, 3GB GDDR5 for 176€ and was thinking of going with that GPU.
    I am buying the my case from amazon because i think i get free shipping, and the I5-4440 for £120 from amazon also looks very good.

The 280 be the better option. If the price is right.

Advertisement