Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can my banks search other banks

Options
  • 30-06-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi im not sure if this is the right forum to post to. I have a mortgage with my ex and he wont pay any of the mortgage. i am on social welfare and have been paying what i can . I have a small amount of savings which i dont want the bank to take. if i put this in another account in a different bank. can they search any kind of data base and find out that i have another account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Unlikely, but its probably more important that you get your ex's name removed from the title deeds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Only if you consent to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nicholacm

its not possible to get his name taken off the deeds. and surely if they took you to court they would be able to search other banks to see if you had money elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

nicholacm wrote: »
    Hi im not sure if this is the right forum to post to. I have a mortgage with my ex and he wont pay any of the mortgage. i am on social welfare and have been paying what i can . I have a small amount of savings which i dont want the bank to take. if i put this in another account in a different bank. can they search any kind of data base and find out that i have another account?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Bad road to go down, you need to engage with the bank which will involve filling out forms, if they find out you lied on these forms (about your savings) it will get rough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 daisydotty

I am in the same situation (well my ex eventually moved out and it's rented) but my ex wouldn't pay the mortgage for 7 months and was living in the house. But I stopped paying the mortgage too and there was 5k of arrears. So I have savings in another bank and mortgage is with another bank. When I'd to fill out the forms I never declared those savings and they were none the wiser. Worked for me anyway!!!!!

Advertisement