Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Biology Marking Scheme

Options
  • 30-06-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

So I was looking over the marking scheme last night due to worry because Bio was nasty enough this year, and I noticed that for the section A questions - the ones where we have to answer five questions out of six, the short questions - it said that for each question they would only use our "Best Five Answers (Eg a-f)" So, this has left me slightly confused? My teacher never told us this? Is it the way Im thinking it, like for example lets say a question has six parts to it, a, b, c, d, e and f, and I ONLY DO a, b, c, d and e and leave out part f of the question and now lets say that those 5 parts I done are 100 percent right, do I get full marks for the question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

and is that for all the questions on sectrion 1 or just the first one?

AND WHY DIDNT MY TEACHER TELL ME THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

No I've confused the words section with questions. I'm going to delete my posts, really sorry for the confusion badwulf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

You answer five, or more, questions. You then follow the instructions for each individual question.

In this year's exam, Section one was answer five questions. Then question one had six parts to it and told you to answer five parts. If there were no instructions given, you should presume that you answer all six because the previous comment about answering five questions is about the questions as wholes, not about the parts of the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Sheet your right I didn't even notice for the first question it only wanted 5/6 :O thanks :)

Advertisement