Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a phone reccomendation

Options
  • 29-06-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

so im looking for a cheap budget android. has to be preowned and below 100 euro. adverts is my best place to buy from. ive been looking at the Huawei Y530 but there is so few available to buy on adverts.

my current phone is a nokia e6...dont make fun :P im just so used to keyboards that touchscreen typing is very alien to me but ive been using my mums phone alot (xperia j) and im getting used to touchscreen typing so im finally ready to make the movie!...im not sure on the xperia j as its a bit laggy and apps cant be saved to a memory card so memory is gone very quick

i plan on using the basics like whatsapp, viber, snapchat, facebook, random apps like paypal and nike+ running app. not interested much in gaming on a phone, just basics like temple run etc.

the huawei seems to tick all boxes and is 100 brand new but i really want a bargain and i dont care if its used but adverts isnt much help with that phone. what else is there thats reccomended like the y530?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

if you can stretch your budget i would go with the moto g. its really the best phone out there for a lil bit more budget.

if you cant, then for 10 euro more you can get this from the vodafone store
    http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_310-6009.php

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/htc-desire-310-pay-as-you-go-orange

yep its 129.99 however a free sim card from tesco and change the tesco number over to vodafone and you can get the phone for 110. then just get it unlocked if you arent on vodafone. you can get the unlock code from ebay if you google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i considered the moto g but on adverts, the 2nd hand ones are very very dear compared to the y530

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Moto E is another one that offers up decent spec at a low price.

But i would try stretch to the Moto G. Its just perfect. Got one for the other half and my father and the thing is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

+1 on the Moto G you wont get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    +1 on the Moto G you wont get better.

Have you got the Moto G. Im thinking of buying but wondering what its performance is like ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Have you got the Moto G. Im thinking of buying but wondering what its performance is like ?

For it's price range it won't be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Budget is too low IMO, moto G minimum.

Pre smartphone if you got a cheap phone it just had less features. With smartphones though they all run the same OS with the same features, but the cheap ones run it REALLY slowly. Personally below €200 new(or its equivalent 2nd hand and less than a year old) isnt really worth having. Buy a dumbphone and save until you can get something worthwhile.

If I had to buy on a really tight budget GS3 second hand or Nexus 5 second hand would be what Id search for.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Ste- wrote: »
    For it's price range it won't be beat.

thats what ive heard from reviews and things. Think I might pick one up! Are Meteor the only ones selling the Moto G at the moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

thats what ive heard from reviews and things. Think I might pick one up! Are Meteor the only ones selling the Moto G at the moment ?

Tis easily unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You can get it on amazon uk for next to nothing.

• Advertisement

so i got the Y530 guys and i can confirm that after a while of usage, the phone does run low on ram, i nd up with 50mb to spare and i keep killing apps and using special apps that free up ram 10 times a day.

the real problem is the battery. my battery was fully charged during the argentina game around 35th minute. its 13 mins into the belgium game and its already at 50 off percent. with using just whatsapp and snapchat.

so moto G will be my next purchase as its got 1gb ram and a far better battery or so i remember from googling the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

if you can get into meath street there is a chinese phone store closing down they have one locked to meteor for 99 euro. yep its a lil more than you were willing to pay but its a moto g.

ill go for the moto G. the battery stats look good on gsmarena. this y530 had 45% battery when i went to bet at 2am, i had no open apps running except backround stuff. woke up at 10am to find it drained of battery :( ill try my best for the moto g

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Meteor sell it, so do Argos (but more expensive). The Meteor Moto G is unlocked until you put a sim card in which will lock it to whatever provider the sim card came from.

I just went into Meteor, asked them for the Moto G, never with them before so got a new sim which I dumped and then put my own sim card in.

Advertisement