Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasp removal

Options
  • 29-06-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,
    I noticed a wasp nest in garden shed today. It's small but i want to get it removed as we have a baby in our house.

Can any of you recomend a good, cheap removal company in dublin and how much approx should this cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

what i usually do is get a container of wasp powder and late at night or very early morning when they are resting place a good bit of the powder around the mouth of the hive.24h later by by wasp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

vinnie13 wrote: »
    ....container of wasp powder.....
    Where do you get such a powder and do you have a brandname?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭rje66

wait4me wrote: »
    Where do you get such a powder and do you have a brandname?

Most diy/hardware shops have it.think its Raid

Or the way I do it pour a bit of petrol over a rag place in a bin liner and in late eve knock it into bag and tie knot.
    Bye bye waps.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭is this username available

Thanks for all the replies. Thinking I might drop into Woodies and get a can of spray. Sheds not far from the house so i'll be ready to run for cover if I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

yup as said most diy.
    just make sure its dark when you are doing it and they should be quiet one or two will prob be around the mouth.
    dont use a flash light either ;)

burning as above is a better way of curing the problem or a bucket of water,as it will kill everything straight away where the powder could leave a few half dead and angry

• Advertisement
Advertisement