Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Wedding Venues

Options
  • 29-06-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Myself and my fiance are looking at wedding venues by the coast (floor to ceiling windows overlooking the sea) and mountain venues.

There is a lot of recommendations of waterside venues but nothing seems to be out there for Mountain venues. We have been to see the Delphi Mountain Resort

This is her number 1 venue but the package is a bit pricey considering what you can get in other venues.

Does anyone know of any similar venues in the mountains (ideally with a sea view as well)?

Thanks

Comments

Kippure? Never been on site but the area is very scenic.

Ballybeg has nice hilly views too.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭usher1890

Dónal wrote: »
    Kippure? Never been on site but the area is very scenic.

Ballybeg has nice hilly views too.

I've checked Kippure out, not too sure about but will have a look at Ballybeg, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

We are having our wedding in Woodenbridge Hotel in Wicklow, surrounded by the Wicklow mountains with the Avoca River right outside the door. Beautiful spot

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I looked at Woodenbridge when I was venue hunting and it was gorgeous, the grounds and surroundings were fab. It was over an hour's drive from our church though, so it was a bit too far out.

I had my reception in the Glenview, got lovely mountainy views, and I'd definitely recommend them as regards quality of service, food, etc. The gardens are lovely for photos.

There's also the Glendalough Hotel (surprisingly enough located in Glendalough ;) ) but I've never been, so can't say what it's like. Would be worth checking out though, because it's a lovely area. I suppose the only thing to watch out for with Glendalough is that it's often rammers with tourists during the summer months, so you'd want to look at access routes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Aherlow House in Tipperary is incredibly scenic if you're looking in Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 caveatemptor1

The Royal Valentia hotel in Kerry has both stunning coastal views and mountains, really gorgeous. I cant post a link but google "Poppies and me valentia wedding" and you can see the stunning views both of mountains and the sea! Also try Ballintaggert house in Dingle and Dromquinna Manor in Kenmare, both are coastal venues but overlooked by mountains. Maybe Killarney venues too?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Ballintaggart is a good bet... Wouldn't be crazy on Dromquinna from a bad past experience.

My favourite wedding venue with the wild mountain scenery you're after would have to be Cromleach Lodge in Sligo. It is literally breathtaking. Slightly secluded and about 20 minutes off the main road but literally fabulous in every way.

Have a look-staff are lovely, food is amazing.

Advertisement