Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nexus 4 keeps turning off on its own

Options
  • 29-06-2014 10:31am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My Nexus 4 keeps turning off. It can then take a while for it restart then. Pushing the power button can have no affect. I just have to keep pressing it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

godtabh wrote: »
    My Nexus 4 keeps turning off. It can then take a while for it restart then. Pushing the power button can have no affect. I just have to keep pressing it.

Any ideas?

First thing I'd try is a factory reset, how old is the phone? Could be battery related if it's an older phone

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

projectgtr wrote: »
    First thing I'd try is a factory reset, how old is the phone? Could be battery related if it's an older phone

Phone is relatively new. About 3 months old. Was priviosuly replaced under warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

godtabh wrote: »

Any ideas?

Does it happen frequently when using Snapchat?

There is an issue with that alright. Seems to have gotten worse again since the update.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

dont use snap chat. Happens at random times. I could go to sleep and find its turned off.

I could pick it up at my desk and find its dead. going to get on to the people i bought it off

Advertisement