Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a occupational therapist in Dublin

Options
  • 29-06-2014 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi Friend of mine needs an occupational therapist for her elderly father why needs some home adaptations (walk in shower) etc an assessment.
    What is the usual rate for this and contact details would be great thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Get your friend to contact their local health centre for their local OT. It depends on their area. I know when I had an OT come out to assess my home it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭aceofspades.ie

ElleEm wrote: »
    Get your friend to contact their local health centre for their local OT. It depends on their area. I know when I had an OT come out to assess my home it was free.

Thank you

Sorry to open thi again, spoke with my friend and her father is on waiting list in loacl health board for last 2 months ,

She is looking to get this done private and is looking forprices if anyone can help.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mobility exchange

The best place to get a private occupational therapist is on the AOTI website. AOTI.ie. if you have a medical card you could go down the HSE route. Contact your local health centre. Be warned there is a six month wait.

Thanks that site looks perfect for what she needs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

look at aoti.ie for private OTs and the HSE or public ones. Beaware though there is no regulation at the moment for private OTs so word of mouth might be better for getting a reputable one.

Advertisement