Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Cyclists bikes robbed outside Anfield

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Pearlstone

shaka wrote: »

Really awful. After the lads going out of their way to support the cycle for the Hillsborough victims and travelling over at their own expense. Hopefully their bikes will be recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Can't see them getting them back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Leaving €30k of equipment in a van outside Anfield was not very bright. Life lesson I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

the huge coverage this has received in cycling circles and on fb is testament to the great work this charity does. ya maybe it was a stupid thing to do, but who hasn't done stupid things in the past. hard lesson to learn. the handful of nasty people in the world unfortunately far outweight the millions of truly good people in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cervelo.S2

While i feel sorry for the lad's loss you got to be naive to leave that amount of gear unattended in bin dipper land.A good look around the surrounding area should have told them they were in a hole (the streets of derelict houses).I worked there over 20 years ago and we were locked in while we worked.There famous for thieving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Cervelo.S2 wrote: »
    While i feel sorry for the lad's loss you got to be naive to leave that amount of gear unattended in bin dipper land.A good look around the surrounding area should have told them they were in a hole (the streets of derelict houses).I worked there over 20 years ago and we were locked in while we worked.There famous for thieving!

you should have just added JFT39 or "always the victim" to your post!

Its shocking for the lads a great charity and a great club. hopefully they get their stuff back.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Liverpool is one of those areas in the uk where crime is high despite those that deny it, last year a friend of mine was beaten badly and robbed outside a chip shop at 10pm on a Saturday night, and that is only one of many such stories.
    I'd love to see the guys get their bikes back but I doubt it will happen, hope I'm wrong .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

mamax wrote: »
    Liverpool is one of those areas in the uk where crime is high despite those that deny it, last year a friend of mine was beaten badly and robbed outside a chip shop at 10pm on a Saturday night, and that is only one of many such stories.
    I'd love to see the guys get their bikes back but I doubt it will happen, hope I'm wrong .

another blatant untruth. of course Liverpool has crime, like every major city. in terms of figures Liverpool is nowhere the top of the list in UK. I suggest you research before you just try to use an 80s generalisation in 2014

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    another blatant untruth. of course Liverpool has crime, like every major city. in terms of figures Liverpool is nowhere the top of the list in UK. I suggest you research before you just try to use an 80s generalisation in 2014
    I researched to see if it is an 80s generalisation.
    From 2012 data it is higher than most UK areas.
    Merseyside is 67, Norfolk is 44, London Region is top at 102 (per 1000 population).
    It is 8th of 42 police regions (in the bad way).
    http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/jul/14/crime-statistics-england-wales#data

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I see the Sunday world used the first picture of anfield that showed up in a Google search . It's the mock up picture for the redevelopment.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread is nothing to do with cycling, and I'm closing it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement