Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Do You Collect?

Options
  • 28-06-2014 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭

I collect all sorts, if they appeal to me (of course). My collection consists of mainly Irish stuff, such as buses, trucks and other commercial vehicles, planes and emergency vehicles. The buses are dominant, though, and the collection of those extend to London models, with a small few from other places in the UK. It's more authentic stuff that I'd be familiar with that appeal to me.

I also have a number of cars in various scales (mainly 1:18 and 1:76 scale), and also a gorgeous VW Samba from Sunstar models in 1:12 scale. I still have a number of dinky cars from my childhood, which are in good enough condition. Others that are not in the greatest of condition are in storage, rather than kept on display.

I've started building kits, which I've had for a good while, but never got around to doing until last Christmas. My latest project (at the slow pace) is an Air Corps Fouga Magister, which hasn't been the most successful (it's the first of those types of Airfix models that I've done). It has had problems, and the paint finish won't be the best, but I plan on getting one or two more. That's after I attempt the Air Corps Gloster Gladiator kit first, and hope it turns out a little better :)

Anyway, it's just a brief insight into the collection. What do all collect? Please bear in mind that I am new to this forum, so I apologise if a similar topic has been covered (recently) already.

Advertisement