Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reddish stalks taking over lawn

Options
  • 28-06-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi all

First time poster here. My lawn is just a year old and there seems to be a reddish grass taking over large parts of it. I have fed the lawn recently and parts of it are fine but I don't know whether these red stalks are a weed or what?? Could people please have a look at my pictures and let me know what you think or what I should do.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

Red thread.
    Nitrogen will remove it & in courage grass to grow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭JR23

Hi donie, could be a type of grass, namely ryegrass, it has a red stem base like that! If the underside of the leaf is shiny and the tips are heavily ribbed ten its ryegrass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭JR23

Brianmeath wrote: »
    Red thread.
    Nitrogen will remove it & in courage grass to grow.

Brianmeath, you could be right too but it looks like the tips of the plant are healthy enough. (No reddish tinge that would be associated with red thread)! I've been known to be wrong in the past though! Ha ha! 😀

Advertisement