Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards gardening photo competition ? :)

Options
  • 28-06-2014 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I think I suggested it too late last year but I think a boards veg/garden photo competition would be nice or even just a showcase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Great idea. I haven't set up a poll before but I'll look into it and try get a thread started ASAP.
    Get snapping!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

awesome :)

In another forum I have they have about 25 different sections eg best tomato, best truss of tomatoes, best brassica, best head of cauliflower etc just some ideas :)

Do you mean growfruitandveg? :) they have a much higher number of contributors, I might keep this simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

i did actually yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Does it have to be competitive? I would love to show off my tub of iceland poppies which are so pretty at the moment, but they are not something you would enter in a competition? And I only have a camera phone so its only going to be a 'snap', not an artistic photo!

• Advertisement

Well it would just be a bit of fun really. No prizes, just a chance to show off some of your successes. Also some of your failures which can be a laugh, especially rude root veg :) So please post away and don't be shy.
    I've put a request in to create a sub forum to allow us to run sticky threads, one for each category. Each one would run a poll. People can submit photos throughout the summer and voting would open sometime in September, closing in October. Anyway, will keep you posted.
    I the mean time I might just start a photos thread where you can post.

Advertisement