Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg G3 32gb availability in Ireland.

Options
  • 28-06-2014 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering has anyone heard of anywhere that I could get my hands on the 32gb 3gb RAM version of the LG G3 in Ireland?

Seen it on amazon being shipped from Korea but looks slightly dodgy (three different 'new' sellers with one positive review each, review by a Miguel who likes phones!)

Eglobal aren't getting a good review according to a couple of posts on a LG G2 thread I was reading here earlier.

I think fonez in Galway May be getting it but need to contact the owner.

You think at this stage every major phone maker would have their own online store!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭aldeniro

Am looking for 32gb version as well. Pix mania has the 16 and I mailed them regarding the 32gb offering, the reply was that it will be available from 26 June but cannot see on site yet.
    nursewally wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just wondering has anyone heard of anywhere that I could get my hands on the 32gb 3gb RAM version of the LG G3 in Ireland?

Seen it on amazon being shipped from Korea but looks slightly dodgy (three different 'new' sellers with one positive review each, review by a Miguel who likes phones!)

Eglobal aren't getting a good review according to a couple of posts on a LG G2 thread I was reading here earlier.

I think fonez in Galway May be getting it but need to contact the owner.

You think at this stage every major phone maker would have their own online store!?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

I think I'm going to go with Amazon (Germany) myself.

They deliver to ireland and are selling the 32gb variant sim free for 599.99.

I'm presuming sim free means It will pick up on all networks here? I'm not worried about 4g banding just yet as it's not available in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Tried getting it posted there from Amazon.de with No joy! Wont deliver to UK or Ireland?

Got sorted on amazon.de

Couldn't buy from amazon marketplace so bought from a different supplier on amazon. Slightly more expensive than amazons price but worth it for the extra spec. 1gb extra RAM may not seem like a lot but in the long run with bigger apps and multitasking it will help.

Here's the link for anyone that's interested. It's the gold version.
    Any time I tried to change to the black version it was redirecting me to buy it off Amazon which wasn't working.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00KKM2WT0/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_386171_38075861_TE_item

• Advertisement

You might post when you receive it to let us know if there were any issues??
    Got sorted on amazon.de

Couldn't buy from amazon marketplace so bought from a different supplier on amazon. Slightly more expensive than amazons price but worth it for the extra spec. 1gb extra RAM may not seem like a lot but in the long run with bigger apps and multitasking it will help.

Any time I tried to change to the black version it was redirecting me to buy it off Amazon which wasn't working.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00KKM2WT0/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_386171_38075861_TE_item

aldeniro wrote: »
    You might post when you receive it to let us know if there were any issues??

I will of course, delivery date was vague, between the 10th/28th of July but as soon as I receive I will let ye know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Really love the look of this phone.

Really love the look of this phone.

I'm the same, just looks so slick! I didn't know whether spending the extra money was worth it when it's similar to the g2 but I'm glad I did. Higher RAM in the 32GB version, removable battery and the big thing for me is external memory!

I take a lot of pics and run a lot of apps so 16gb on my iPhone was full in no time! Time to go back to android:)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

Thinking of getting one of these too, am on holidays in Spain at the moment and can pick a sim free one up for €599, anyone got one yet to report how their getting on with it?

• Advertisement

llandai wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these too, am on holidays in Spain at the moment and can pick a sim free one up for €599, anyone got one yet to report how their getting on with it?

Hey man,

Just received mine from Germany via courier. Ordered it last Sunday and tracked it the whole way via dpd.de

Its a MASSIVE phone but it's brilliant.
    Main reason I went for the 32gb version was the 3gb of RAM, and I must admit it is smooth.

I would recommend but I will keep you guys updated with how it is going over the next couple of weeks

aldeniro wrote: »

I'd presume without any information about carrier that it is unlocked but check it out man.

As I said in the above post, the reason I went for the 32gb version was for the 3gb of RAM.

The 16gb version only had 2gb of RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 qezep

I had a 32GB LG G3 delivered yesterday. All seems to be fine so far. I ran speedtest.net and got 6Mbps. Not sure what 4G is supposed to be but I'm happy with that anyway. I've gotten used to the size already. My galaxy s2 looks so claustrophobic now.

I ordered it from this site and it was delivered within 2 days handtec.co.uk . (The inc. tax price is uk tax and it changes to irish tax at checkout which adds another €40)

No adapter was included but they might throw one in, if you ask, as they do so for UK customers.

Just checking my ram usage and its 1.7GB!! So I'm pretty damn happy I got the 3GB version

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

Got sorted on amazon.de

How long was delivery? Can only get the 16gb in Spain and it's the same price you got the 32gb off Amazon. Seems like a no brainer to wait till I get home and order the 32g!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ev1l_Ash

Got my delivered Tuesday (black, 32gb), its €599, which goes up to €628 with postage and using paypal.
    Saw a few people on boards use hardwareversand for other stuff and seemed happy.
    (I can't post the link but if you search for LG G3 on their site the blank one is schwarz, etc)
    They use UPS for delivery so be patient!

My new microSIM just activated, so haven't been able to test 4g yet (but euro model should be compatible I'd imagine), and everything else works like a charm so far.

<Edit>
    There's a couple of german sites that deliver to Ireland, if you search through skinflint dot co dot uk although I went with this because both site and customer support can be in english too

Ya because I got mine from Germany I only received a European charger but you get the micro usb wire and most of us have an adapter for them.

I know personally the little bit extra for the extra memory was well worth it. I nearly have 20gb full with music and videos already. thank God for the micro sd card. 64gb brings the total available memory to 87gb!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ev1l_Ash

Update to last post: the german site I ordered from included an adapter for the euro plug. Didn't ask and they didn't mention it -nice touch.
    Only thing having an issue with is LTE. Only options are gsm / wcdma and wcdma only.
    Up in Dublin today and didn't get above H (hspda) -supposedto get LTE in my town and same result. Anyone else like this? Emailed LG so I'll let ye know.
    Tried *#*#4636#*#* (android test config) and setting gsm / lte / wcdma auto in there but not sure it stuck - bad coverage area at the moment.

Edit: Tried 3845#*855# and went into LTE ONLY , modem settings, RAT selection. Tried lte / gsm first. Then I exited and went back to manually select a network and got LTE connections as options. I think lte / gsm / wcdma auto takes more battery in bad areas but going to use that for now.
    Probably not a good idea to do any of this so I'll let ye know if I brick my phone if anyone needs to get LTE working

Ev1l_Ash wrote: »
    Update to last post: the german site I ordered from included an adapter for the euro plug. Didn't ask and they didn't mention it -nice touch.
    Only thing having an issue with is LTE. Only options are gsm / wcdma and wcdma only.
    Up in Dublin today and didn't get above H (hspda) -supposedto get LTE in my town and same result. Anyone else like this? Emailed LG so I'll let ye know.
    Tried *#*#4636#*#* (android test config) and setting gsm / lte / wcdma auto in there but not sure it stuck - bad coverage area at the moment.

Edit: Tried 3845#*855# and went into LTE ONLY , modem settings, RAT selection. Tried lte / gsm first. Then I exited and went back to manually select a network and got LTE connections as options. I think lte / gsm / wcdma auto takes more battery in bad areas but going to use that for now.
    Probably not a good idea to do any of this so I'll let ye know if I brick my phone if anyone needs to get LTE working

3845#*855# worked for me. I got a 4g connection. LTE options still aren't there under network modes for me. Oddly there was no difference in my speedtest 6Mbps on LTE and WCDMA. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Lippok

Hi Guys,

I am in the same situation, bought the Lg G3 32 from Germany from an ebay shop, got it with standard invoice. I contacted the LG support, which is a real shame, since i wanted to register the phone on the LG Uk portal. I receive an error when I input the product code D855... The guy in chat said that it was because the product was German....

Now the website gave me the error code on the product code not in the IMEI.

Then he said that I am only covered by the German warranty. Well the European warranty should cover me I said, I believe Germany is Europe.
    The guys says no, ok I say, if something happens I go to Berlin, I like the place.

Then I ask for the 4G issue, the guy says that it is because the German software is not compatible with the UK LTE network...

Ok I am in Ireland not in the UK btw... no troubleshooting steps nothing, worst customer service ever.

Anyway there is an app called LTEonOff, it basically let u enter in the android test config Menu without inputting the code.
    In order to activate 4G u should pick LTE/gsm/wcdma it worked for me. Of course it won t last if u reboot the phone.

Hope it helps,

Thanks guys,

Lippok

• Registered Users Posts: 9 miagaffk

I bought a LG G3 on adverts from a shop there (Phones Direct) they deal with lg phones! im pretty sure there ok! plus there good price and deliver free with warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Lippok wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am in the same situation, bought the Lg G3 32 from Germany from an ebay shop, got it with standard invoice. I contacted the LG support, which is a real shame, since i wanted to register the phone on the LG Uk portal. I receive an error when I input the product code D855... The guy in chat said that it was because the product was German....

Now the website gave me the error code on the product code not in the IMEI.

Then he said that I am only covered by the German warranty. Well the European warranty should cover me I said, I believe Germany is Europe.
    The guys says no, ok I say, if something happens I go to Berlin, I like the place.

Then I ask for the 4G issue, the guy says that it is because the German software is not compatible with the UK LTE network...

Ok I am in Ireland not in the UK btw... no troubleshooting steps nothing, worst customer service ever.

Anyway there is an app called LTEonOff, it basically let u enter in the android test config Menu without inputting the code.
    In order to activate 4G u should pick LTE/gsm/wcdma it worked for me. Of course it won t last if u reboot the phone.

Hope it helps,

Thanks guys,

Lippok

If there's anything putting me off buying another flagship LG phone its this.

It annoyed me that everytime I powered my LG G2 I had to use an app to activate LTE it drove me crazy.

Add to that I also had that experience with LG UK that they refused to help me because it was a European model (bought via expansys UK)

thomasj wrote: »
    If there's anything putting me off buying another flagship LG phone its this.

It annoyed me that everytime I powered my LG G2 I had to use an app to activate LTE it drove me crazy.

Add to that I also had that experience with LG UK that they refused to help me because it was a European model (bought via expansys UK)

I rooted mine. It allowed me to solve this and make as many other little tweaks as I pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

How are people finding the Camera? Im off to the UK on Wednesday and the missus is considering a new phone, she has a Moto G at the minute and absolutely loves it with the exception of the camera, she had a look at the M8 but the camera isnt amazing. So how do you rate the G3? She likes the look of it but shes the type of person that needs to try it out in person to see if she likes it which is a pity as its not in stores here :(

Trying to get her to go Nexus 5 but the G3 is also an option.

projectgtr wrote: »
    How are people finding the Camera? Im off to the UK on Wednesday and the missus is considering a new phone, she has a Moto G at the minute and absolutely loves it with the exception of the camera, she had a look at the M8 but the camera isnt amazing. So how do you rate the G3? She likes the look of it but shes the type of person that needs to try it out in person to see if she likes it which is a pity as its not in stores here :(

qezep wrote: »
    The cameras good. I was surprised that all the new functions work as advertised. Super clear pics. It has an unfair advantage over other phones, though, as it has a display that can actually show its photos off

I dont have other phones to compare against though. Id say you could find youtube reviews that compare the cameras in different phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

projectgtr wrote: »

If you're going through any of the major airports, Dixon's seem reasonable. Saw the 16GB in Stansted at the weekend for, as far as I can remember, £450.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Lg g3 16gb is €555 in dublin airport T1 FYI. Not sure if that's a good or bad price.

555 is pretty good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Seanser

I'm planning buying the LG G3 D855 from handtec.co.uk does anyone know if 4g works ok here on this model

Advertisement