Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are educational institutions really worth it?

Options
  • 28-06-2014 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I mean the likes of yeats, are they really worth it?
    I want to study medicine and I feel that if an educational institute is really worth the money then I should go there as I need the points..
    Medicine is already very expensive and my parents will find it hard to pay without the extra cost of going to the likes of Yeats.
    I feel that environment alone may be a help becaue were I am now , most students goal is to get out on the weekend and drink a gallon of vodka...
    That being said there have been people get medicine in recent years.

So are they really worth it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Seanf999 wrote: »
    I feel that environment alone may be a help becaue were I am now , most students goal is to get out on the weekend and drink a gallon of vodka...
    That being said there have been people get medicine in recent years.

Yes, a good environment can make all the difference. But ultimately there are two things more important:
    1. Your own drive and ambition. You can't blame your parents for not splashing the cash if you haven't devoted all your efforts towards your goal. Not everyone "where you are now" is out to drink a gallon of vodka. I'm sure there are plenty of geeks and bookworms who are too dull to notice.
    2. Your own intelligence. You can't just buy high points.

Good luck.

Advertisement