Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miller Lite

Options
  • 28-06-2014 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if it's possible to get Miller Lite in Ireland/online delivered to Ireland? I've checked a few sites but none seem to deliver. And I'm reluctant to get somewhere to import it for me as the price will probably be astronomical!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Try Coors Light instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

irish_goat wrote: »
    Try Coors Light instead.

But is it sufficiently light?

One of the greatest shocks of my life came when I discovered there was a non-light version of Coors out there for the die-hard amongst its fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

irish_goat wrote: »
    Try Coors Light instead.

Not a fan of Coors Light at all. Don't like the taste. It could be rose-tinted glasses when it comes to Miller Lite, as i only ever had it while on holidays in Orlando in '09, but i'm very keen to see if it tastes as good as i remember.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It tastes like nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Miller lite tasted good to you in the states especially Florida as it was probably creeping up on 30 degrees and the beer was chilled to an inch above freezing. All these light beers taste (I use that world really lightly) the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Nothing like a Superbowl beer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Anyone know if it's possible to get Miller Lite in Ireland/online delivered to Ireland? I've checked a few sites but none seem to deliver. And I'm reluctant to get somewhere to import it for me as the price will probably be astronomical!

In the past there was Miller Pilsner alongside MGD; I believe that was the UK/Ireladn marketing name for Miller Lite. It certainly stood head and shoulders above other Lite beers (and MGD too IMO).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Marcusm wrote: »
    In the past there was Miller Pilsner alongside MGD; I believe that was the UK/Ireladn marketing name for Miller Lite.
    Yes, the "pilsner" was only 4%, most pilsners were much stronger.

I presumed it was so lads would actually drink it, just like they created more macho names for other "light" drinks, like pepsi max, coke zero etc. Many lads would not been seen dead with a light beer or diet drink, just like they fear drinking out of half pint glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

rubadub wrote: »
    Yes, the "pilsner" was only 4%, most pilsners were much stronger.

I presumed it was so lads would actually drink it, just like they created more macho names for other "light" drinks, like pepsi max, coke zero etc. Many lads would not been seen dead with a light beer or diet drink, just like they fear drinking out of half pint glasses.

Yeah, i'm not one of them. I drink beer i like, not one that others don't consider manly, cheap or whatever. And i don't understand it either, what does it matter what someone else drinks? It's not a competition, it's all about personal taste.

Miller Pilsner, must have a look for that so. Cheers people!

Advertisement